Touch Screen Suddenly Unresponsive after Phonecall
gratefuldoc

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

About three weeks ago during a phonecall I suddenly started hearing loud static. My phone touchscreen stopped working entirely, and I had to remove the battery to end the call. When I rebooted, the touchscreen still didn't work. After several hours, the screen suddenly worked again, but anytime I made or received a call, I'd hear the same loud static and the touchscreen would freeze again, and I'd have to wait several hours (for reasons unknown) before the phone would reboot with an active touchscreen. During that time I could text, use the internet, etc., just not make or receive calls lest the phone freeze again.

This problem spontaneously resolved after a few days for no reason I can determine, and I was again able to make and receive calls without the touchscreen freezing. I did format the phone entirely, but that didn't immediately resolve the problem, and it continued to happen after erasing all my data only to randomly resolve and work fine for several weeks.

Then today during a call, the loud static noise returned and the phone froze. I had to remove the battery again, and upon restarting it the touchscreen is not working at all.

There was no physical damage to the phone preceding these problems. The phone is about 13 months old, and no longer covered by warranty. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!

Cheers,

M.

0 Likes
Re: Touch Screen Suddenly Unresponsive after Phonecall
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gratefuldoc, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be. We all rely on a working phone to stay connected with family and friends at all times. But don’t worry because I’m here to help!

I’ve researched this and did not find it to be a reported known issue with this phone. You mentioned that you performed a hard reset and it resolved the issue but then started again after a while. When the issue started again did you notice it happening after downloading a particular app? Some times 3rd party apps can cause the phone to freeze or behave weird.

Try running the phone in safe mode http://bit.ly/qT7Rt5  to see if you notice a different. This will help determine if a third party app is causing the issue. If this is the case then you will need to remove all third party apps and reinstall them one at a time to find the one causing the phone to freeze.

If the phone continues to freeze we will need to further troubleshoot.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes