Touchscreen and other problems
kjhughes1

I have been having a couple of problems with my Thunderbolt. I've had mine since September 2011.

Most recently the touchscreen has been acting very erratic. I will touch the top part of the screen and it thinks I'm touching the bottom part. Sometimes it won't take any input at all. Usually if I turn the screen off and on it will fix the issue for a few minutes, but it is getting pretty pervasive. Even a reboot only fixes it for so long.

Also, my ability to access the mobile data will randomly shut off. Sometimes I can go into settings and turn it back on, but most times a reboot is required.

Any ideas how I can resolve these?

0 Likes
Re: Touchscreen and other problems
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What other troubleshooting have you tried?  Have you gone as far as a factory reset and still having issues?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kjhughes1

No, I haven't done a Factory reset. What exactly will that do?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A factory reset will put your phone back to the state of when you first got the phone except with the most current Android Operating system installed.

Downloaded applications, emails, contacts, calendar entries text messages and personalized settings will be gone.

If you can access them, I would suggest backing up your contacts to either the Google account, Backup Assistant or the SD card. Contacts and calendar information saved to the Google account will be restored once you sign into your same Google account.

There are also applications available from the Android Market that can backup everything

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kjhughes1

I'll give that a try.

0 Likes
kjhughes1

I have performed the factory reset, and wild it seemed better for a couple hours, the issue has returned full force. A strip at the right edge is usually unresponsive to touch input.

0 Likes