Transferring Data from phone to FB
yoyolanda

Just figuring this Thunderbolt out.  Looking to transfer videos and pix from phone to FB.  Says I need driver.  Went to HTC to download but said it was harmful to my computer.  No driver came with phone.  So what is a gurl to do?  Ha-elp!

0 Likes
Re: Transferring Data from phone to FB
AZSALUKI
Legend

were you trying to do this through your pc? you can upload pics and vids from your tbolt, directly to fb without using your pc. go to your gallery and hit menu and select the share option (it looks like 2 arrows pointing up). then select the photos you want and confirm. 

0 Likes
yoyolanda

Thank you for your reply.  I was able to find this out...but now my phone just says waiting and I have not been able to see my videos on FB yet.  It has been about an hour already.  Am I missing some other action or execution? 

Again thank you for taking the time to respond.

0 Likes
yoyolanda

Thank you for your reply.  I was able to find this out...but now my phone just says waiting and I have not been able to see my videos on FB yet.  It has been about an hour already.  Am I missing some other action or execution? 

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

It may be that your video is too large for a normal Share upload. Try uploading a shorter video, or small picture via this method and see if that works.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yoyolanda wrote:

i actually only use this method for pics. i use an app called Qik for videos. i've never had much luck emailing, mms, or direct upload of video to fb. however, with Qik, you download the app, go to their site and set up an account, and then link it to your fb account. the whole process takes about 10 minutes and then you're ready to upload. what you do in the future is use Qik to record the video and it immediately uploads to your Qik account. then you can share it to fb from the qik app. it's VERY easy to use and i am able to have a video that i just took, on fb in about one minute. qik shares the video via a link with the embedded video so there isn't the whole screening process to go through (a direct video upload to fb is first transfered to the video type that they prefer and then awaits approval, before being posted. this is why i gave up on mms or emailing them to my account.) it shows up in your profile similar to how youtube videos show up.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

yoyolanda-you can definitely post pictures & videos from your HTC Thunderbolt to facebook.

Just as AZSALUKI advised, you can go to the gallery, select the file, go to the menu to share and post to facebook.

It may not be sending the video if the video file is too large.

0 Likes