Traveling in italy
Snickering
Purchased a wind sim card for cellular calls and texts. How do I unlock the thunderbolt so I can use the card?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Traveling in Italy
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Snickering,

Thanks to the community members who posted! I did want to provide you with some additional information. 

Though it is true that The Thunderbolt is not a global phone and is not able to be used in Italy, you are able to contact our Global Support Team for other options. You are able to use the Global Rental program to obtain a device that can be used. Some of the benefits are:

• Each handset comes with a complete rental pack:
    • charger
    • adapters
    • battery pack
    • holster
  • Voicemail service available anywhere in the world
  • Global coverage
  • Customer support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week 

More information can be found at:

http://www.vzwsatellite.com/

You can contact our global Support Team at 800-711-8300.

I hope this information is helpful, and have a great time in Italy!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Traveling in italy
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
I don't think you can get any sim card to work in the Tbolt other than the Verizon sim card. It is for use on Verizon LTE network. Europe is mostly a GSM network. I'm not even sure it will be connectable using WiFi. Your best course is to purchase a pre-paid cell phone when you get to your destination.
0 Likes
Re: Traveling in italy
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

RobB772 wrote:
I don't think you can get any sim card to work in the Tbolt other than the Verizon sim card. It is for use on Verizon LTE network. Europe is mostly a GSM network. I'm not even sure it will be connectable using WiFi. Your best course is to purchase a pre-paid cell phone when you get to your destination.

This is correct, the Tbolt is NOT a world phone, the sim card that is in it is purely for LTE, which is data only, the voice portion of the phone still uses CDMA.

0 Likes
Re: Traveling in Italy
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Snickering,

Thanks to the community members who posted! I did want to provide you with some additional information. 

Though it is true that The Thunderbolt is not a global phone and is not able to be used in Italy, you are able to contact our Global Support Team for other options. You are able to use the Global Rental program to obtain a device that can be used. Some of the benefits are:

• Each handset comes with a complete rental pack:
    • charger
    • adapters
    • battery pack
    • holster
  • Voicemail service available anywhere in the world
  • Global coverage
  • Customer support available 24 hours a day, seven days a week 

More information can be found at:

http://www.vzwsatellite.com/

You can contact our global Support Team at 800-711-8300.

I hope this information is helpful, and have a great time in Italy!

0 Likes