This has been an on going problem since Apple came out with the I phone 4 & 3. So I figured I jump ship and come over to Android world, for the mere fact they had a few great phones out here. I chose the HTC ONE M7. Speed was lighting fast, and it had decent color scheme which I enjoyed. These updates especially this last one, ya it got me, hit the dam update button which I managed to dodge for almost two years now. So now I am stuck with a crappy interface for the hardware modules.
What we all lost in this Android update 4.4.2:
1. Natural the battery indicator is no longer green, which it really should be!
2. Our up & down volume key color is now a nasty green when it was a cool blue.
3. Now the big ones---- My gallery is no a peace of (removed). I can not get a list view or just an icon view anymore. Now I am forced into this slide show with music playing! Talk about eating up memory and battery life!!
4. This one kills me, if you have the lock screen on to protect you, the new screen say you have 10 attempts before device data is deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? Anyone can take my phone and play with it until they delete all my data? How is this an enhancement! DELETE ALL MY DATA, that is why I have the phone locked!
5. Now I have these god for saken icon apps on the bottom of the screen! I don't need them there?
6. Had a nice logon box for the password, ya it too was blue and my keys would turn blue, also gone!
7. Phone dialer has lost the auto search now you have to press a search button, instead of just typing away!!!! Also color on top is now there!!!!
8. Speed, where did it go. Yes I have fastboot on, but just in general, signing in and moving from app to app, is noticeable slowness, maybe by seconds, but it shows when your timing things out on the fly all the time!
So many terrible updates!!!!
Why can any of the developers/carriers take us serious and listen to what we want!
1. Let us customize all the colors anywhere on the phone.
2. Let us remove apps & icons that we don't need on a lock screen!
3. Let us have the choice to go back t any given time and load any OS version on our phone!
Make a statement in writing when we sign our contract with what any carrier that if we choose to go back an install out dated OS that we completely understand the SECURITY risks and understand that apps may not work! But give us a choice and the option to do so offer yoursite! Let us get the original OS that we had on the phone when we purchased it and also allow us to download any version ever created for it!
This is what we want! Give us options and customization every where! We pay good money for the products, we should have a choice to personalize in depth! I have been requesting assistance for four to five years now and its sad to see this fall on deaf ears! Someone please get involved that can make a different and start helping their customers out!
We should not be forced to unlock/root our phones! We don't want to be programers we just want our options back! Listen to us and create and bring back options. Thanks to all that took the time to read this and maybe, just maybe we can get a stepping stone in the right direction.
Message edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service
Message was edited by: Admin Moderator
I have the Motorola Droid RAZR - and the fantastic OS update has taken my phone and made it something I can maybe use most of the time!
Texting if it goes through may or may not look like jibberish
I am not receiving calls and texts - no rhyme or reason as to why some work and others don't
My swipe is completely gone
Amazon Kindle APP was turned on (not by me) and kept receiving error messages by it
My KB looks nothing like it did prior to update
Texting screen is hard to read in very cruddy gray and black theme.
Went to my local VZ store and there advise is to turn the phone off at night and hope for an update to fix everything the update broke. My daughter in laws phone which is a DROID MAXX - will not even turn on and is completely rendered useless. Verizon blames the motorola and motorola wants to sell you a new phone. This is a complete debacle and quite frankly have yet to find anybody who cares, but they still want their money every month!! Will be looking for a new provider, seems to be the only resolution I can come up with.
This is called the push pull effect! One side blames the other and puts the customer in the middle! I have been stuck playing this game for five years and I am hoping someone see this and steps up to the plate and does the right thing! Help us and not ignore us! No more pushing us away or giving us false hopes!
I also forgot to mention the battery life is HORRIBLE maybe 2-3 hrs now, I could go 2-3 days easily before. For another $30 + a month I can get a new phone that was not affected by this update, I basically said no thank-you - this is how VZ was several years ago and I moved to Alltell and of course now they own them too so I will be looking for other providers because they have gotten to big to care about the customer only care about the revenue that they can generate.
Problem is not the carrier, but the software giant, Google, who creates the Android OS. They are the ones updating that peace of the software.
I certainly get that BUT the carrier contracts with them and someone should be held accountable. Because I no longer have the same level of service I contracted for and I still have to pay for my device even in its dysfunctional state. If Google is not going to patch the updates, then someone should make it right with all the customers that have been adversely affected. I know it is a vicious blame game but as you stated above we are all caught in this trap, can't get out of our contract w/o penalties, so paying for substandard service, unless I choose to pay more to change devices.