Unable to download MMS messages after upgrade
CaliGrl78

Why can't I download text attachments without having my mobile data on? Before the latest upgrade my MMS messages would download automatically, regardless of WiFi or mobile data. Now I get  the red triangle of death "general network failure" error message when trying to download picture messages.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to download MMS messages after upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for letting us know, CaliGrl78. We know this new process is completely different since the software update. Until there is a fix for this, you will need to enable mobile data in order to receive/send MMS.
We can assure you that this issue is in the process of being gixed.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

kesmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here!  I can see I have 3 messages but I know they are MMS from daughters coach.  I always recieved them prior to this update.  Verizon....... answer? Fix? Anything? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for letting us know, CaliGrl78. We know this new process is completely different since the software update. Until there is a fix for this, you will need to enable mobile data in order to receive/send MMS.
We can assure you that this issue is in the process of being gixed.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Kazy426
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue!! Extremely exasperating! I don't like to leave my mobile data on so as not to go over my limit. Is this a sneaky way to get people to go over data usage and get more $$$$. This is ridonkulous!!

0 Likes