Re: Unable to force 3G in spotty 4G areas.
random64
Contributor - Level 2

I'm using Any Cut to access "Phone Info" and then toggle between CDMA auto (PRL) vs. LTE mode (same as I think you are attempting to do).

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how to use "Phone Info".  At first, ping test was failing, but I don't know if that was because:

* I was in "CDMA only" mode (which does cause it to fail -- no data in that mode)

* I wasn't waiting long enough for the network mode setting to take effect.

I also noticed that things changed after I hit Update on SMSC:.

Perhaps there is some LTE weirdness where you are.  I suppose the only way to confirm is a report from another LTE user in your area, or go to a store.

BTW, a good app for checking your data rates is "Xtremelabs Speedtest"

0 Likes
bdenny

I thought it was bacause at work the 4g is not real strong.  But at home the 3g is very strong. Never had an issue with my Droid. Always had 3g at either spot.  I am going to turn WiFi off.  Set the network and let the phone sit and see what happens.  If the network does not register then I will head to the local store.

I will reply with the outcome.  Thanks for the insight

-Bob

0 Likes
dodi

There is an app called "phone info" on the market  this acts at *#*#4636#*#*

To switch between 3g/4g download app, click it, go to phone information

For 3g select CDMA auto(prl)
For 4g select CDMA+LTE/Evdo auto

Download Advanced Task Killer Froyo for the best app killing software(battery saver). According to verizon Advanced App killer is not designed for 2.2 and actually makes battery life even worst. Definitely a must have application.

0 Likes