VZW Tech Support confirms "Software Update has begun"
skerfan2284

Just got off the phone with VZW tech support. Apparently another update has started rolling out as of July 15th. She said it is being done in batches, but she was unable to confirm if it was Android 2.3(GB) or not. Anyone know ?

0 Likes
Re: VZW Tech Support confirms "Software Update has begun"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you sure that they weren't confusing MR2 update? I don't read all of the other android sites, but I think we would have seen rumors of a MR3 (aka Gingerbread?) by now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
skerfan2284

She told me that the update was started on the 15th of July, in batches. I told her I got the firmware update, and she said she was unable to tell me if it was GB with the information she was provided.

0 Likes
ghamden

What is your software version and base band ???

go to settings then software it will say there

software 2.xxxx is gb based

software 1.xxxx  is froyo based

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I really think you and the rep are thinking of the MR2 update that just got released recently..

0 Likes
Ambushbug

I would tend to agree that they are mistaking MR2, but who knows. Supposedly a new radio not associated with the MR2 update has leaked out this week.  http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-thunderbolt-forums/103702-thunderbolt-gingerbread-testi...

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

There's also a full GB RUU to go with that radio but unfortunately only one developer has his hands on it.

0 Likes
Ambushbug

I had heard there was a new GB RUU, but wasn't sure. Very interesting.

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I definitely agree that there is a mix up with the mr2 update, since tech told me they were pushing me an update with gingerbread, even after I argued that it was the mr2 update and the "pushed' phantom update never showed up.  Late last night I was told by a supervisor that gingerbread was a few months out.  I am convinced that none of them have a clue what they're talking about, based upon my own experiences.  Maybe too many build numbers is confusing the reps, maybe we should use pictures or building blocks.  Don't get me wrong, there are great reps out there, but those with a lack of knowledge and poor service make it harder to notice the ones that excel at their job.  Reason is you are so frustrated with ignorance that by the time you get to a decent rep, tech or customer care, you simply look at them like they're just doing their job.  

0 Likes
Not applicable

Skerfan2284,

Thanks for posting your inquiry. The last software update for this phone was MR2 which was pushed on 7/8 and is still being pushed to some devices. We do not have a date on Gingerbread at this time. 

0 Likes