Verizon App Store will not update
jedi0824

Anyone else having a problem with the verizon app store not updating?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon App Store will not update
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

budone wrote:
Christina, I clicked on the Download VCAST Apps and I get, 'The system is unable to process my request.

My apologies. Please try http://www.verizonwireless.com/mediastore

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Yes! I too had the same issue.

A new version of VCASTApps is available now, Prior to downloading the new Apps (new name), please check Unknown Sources to allow to install of non-Market applications. (Menu - Settings - Applications - Unknown Sources.)

Let me know if that works for you.

0 Likes
jedi0824

Yes, allow unknown sources is checked, Vcast apps opens then says it cannot complete task, then I get a prompt saying new version of vcast apps is available would you like to update, when I click update, I get an error message right away.

Thanks

0 Likes
budone
Legend

jedi0824 wrote:

Yes, allow unknown sources is checked, Vcast apps opens then says it cannot complete task, then I get a prompt saying new version of vcast apps is available would you like to update, when I click update, I get an error message right away.

Thanks

I have the same issue as well.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Everyone for your contributions to this forum!

Please use the following address for the VCAST Apps and your Thunderbolt http://mobile.vzw.com/VCASTApps

You will see the below once you click on the link. Please then press the "Download V CAST Apps" link. According to our internal references, this will work for the Thunderbolt. 

V CAST Apps

V CAST Apps is Verizon's mobile storefront for smartphones, delivering your favorite games, productivity apps and more to keep you entertained and informed. V CAST Apps enables you to discover, purchase and use games and apps from your BlackBerry® or other smartphone. You can also get games and apps online in the Media Store: www.verizonwireless.com/mediastore.

Please select the following link to download. Once the download is complete, V CAST Apps will be displayed on your home screen. Note that on some devices, it may appear in the Downloads or Applications folder.
Data usage charges apply for sending and receiving data, depending on your plan
I hope this information is helpful for everyone. Have a wonderful day!
0 Likes
budone
Legend
Christina, I clicked on the Download VCAST Apps and I get, 'The system is unable to process my request.
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

budone wrote:

My apologies. Please try http://www.verizonwireless.com/mediastore

Thank you!

0 Likes