Verizon has failed the rezound
custum18

Why were we promised ice cream sandwich?  I would not have bought this and been locked in a contract knowing Id still be using gingerbread two later.

I'll have a rezoundingly beautiful paperweight next year. This is a powerful phone but its useless to me with an extremely outdated operating system.

I switched from T mobile to get a better phone.  This is not what I switched carriers for.  Also why is there no correspondence at all with its customers?

This is not good customer service.  Somebody is going to end up filing a class action lawsuit over this.  I know I would not have bought the phone knowing it was going get zero support from the company.  Notice how its not even listed in the forum under android phones any more. I guess we've been thrown away. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has failed the rezound
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

extremely outdated os?

what version is on it? remember most android deviced are on gingerbread

heck in still on eclair and have no issues

most users will never even know when it changes.

what about not having ics is keeping you from using the phone?

will that actually be in the os? or removed?

0 Likes
custum18

None of that matters. You dont promise something and not deliver.  If I knew there would be no support for this phone I would have waited a few more months for somthing even better.  People want the latest thing.  Thats why people buy a new iphone every six months.  I happen to not buy apple products but I still want something thats not outdated in a few months. Were already on jellybean.  By the time my contract is up well be two versions higher than jellybean.  Of course I can root my phone and do it myself.   I can do all kinds of things like that and have but it would be nice for them to attempt some upgrades.  Making phone calls is what I use my phone for the least.  I dont have text messaging either.   Because of this software is very important to me. My phone is basiclly used as a computer so I want the best I can get.  There are alot of new things that are out and will be coming out that are going to require ICS to work.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

custum18 wrote:

None of that matters. You dont promise something and not deliver.  If I knew there would be no support for this phone I would have waited a few more months for somthing even better.  People want the latest thing.  Thats why people buy a new iphone every six months.  I happen to not buy apple products but I still want something thats not outdated in a few months. Were already on jellybean.  By the time my contract is up well be two versions higher than jellybean.  Of course I can root my phone and do it myself.   I can do all kinds of things like that and have but it would be nice for them to attempt some upgrades.  Making phone calls is what I use my phone for the least.  I dont have text messaging either.   Because of this software is very important to me. My phone is basiclly used as a computer so I want the best I can get.  There are alot of new things that are out and will be coming out that are going to require ICS to work.

di you visit these forums prior to buying?

you would see its typical to be very late on updates for all phones.

you would also see people say

"buy it for the way it is, not what may come"

0 Likes
Comedie

uh,,,, I went to the store. Was told ICS was coming very soon, but more than that, there was a plaque with the Rezound saying it was soon to have global capabilities. That I care about very very much, and it was my main decision point. Well, that was a bit more than two months ago, 5+ weeks of which I have been overseas for. Obviously had to get and use another phone abroad.

Soon? There is a problem here, obviously. And I don't care if it is a VZ or HTC fault. It shines badly on both to me as a customer. I feel I've been mislead and locked into a poor situation, and would certainly have made a different decision if I had known that '"soon" in the VZ dictionary means something quite different than it would to the majority of people. I am not amused.

0 Likes