Visual Voice Mail broken for 4+ weeks; no notifications & getting texts from Vzn
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Running version 1.14.

Phone has not (and has never been) rooted or altered in any way.

Visual Voice Mail has not given me any problems in the past even when others had issues after an OTA update.

I keep getting text messages from Verizon when someone leaves me a VM message and then when I access my VM the "old-fashioned" way.

"You have x unheard Visual Voice Mail messages. Please select the Visual VM icon to reinstall. Free Message from Verizon Wireless."

"Visual Voice Mail activity received. Please select the Visual VM icon to reinstall. Free Message from Verizon Wireless."

I see Verizon has a new VVM app in the Google Play Store but it's not compatible with the Thunderbolt.

I pulled today's OTA in the hopes that it would fix the issue. I did get prompted to log back in to VVM but it still does not work.

In the past I have tried clearing data and cache.

I see no way to uninstall/reinstall it.

I've gone to my local Verizon store and the rep who looked at it kinda shrugged and said he had no idea how to fix it.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to reset my phone but I'd rather not if I can avoid it as I really don't have the time to set everything back up.

I'm not keen on installing a 3rd-party app as I'm not comfortable handing over my VM to someone else...

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voice Mail broken for 4+ weeks; no notifications & getting texts from Vzn
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail broken for 4+ weeks; no notifications & getting texts from Vzn
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this the version of the Visual Voicemail that you are using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for replying 😃

No, that version says it's incompatible with Thunderbolt and will not let me install.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing the data for the app?  Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > scroll down to the app > select it > press the clear data button

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, numerous times.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Are you using a task killer?

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

No, no task killer.

Hmmm.. I should have mentioned that when I tap on the app it takes me to the voicemails that it had stored prior to the app breaking. No new voicemails show up there even after I've phoned in to the VM bank and listened to them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Have you tried to reset voicemail notifications from your phone?

I forgot exactly where it is... it's somewhere in the phone settings if I remember correctly.

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

I've tried manually in the past and it also reset after the OTA from Thursday.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The notification reset won't happen Unless you reset it. OTA or a hard reset will not reset the notification.

0 Likes