WEP input to connect to home wifi
chansberry

I have no idea how to enter a WEP code into a T'Bolt.  The screen uses the example "A-3, R-8".  

I've tried one long string of pairs, pairs separated by commas, pairs separated by commas and a space, and perhaps - I've lost my mind at this point with all these number/letter combos - pairs with a dash, separated by a comma.

The message comes back  "unable to connect to the network".

Can't find an answer on the input format anywhere.

Thank you, T'Bolt angels, for your assistance.  :smileytongue:

0 Likes
Re: WEP input to connect to home wifi
trol1374

you would have to know if your home router is using WPA or WEP.  That string you have set in the router is what you input in the phone.   no comma, spaces or special characters are needed.    One has 13 characters the other has 10. 

0 Likes
green_zipper

The first question would be do you know how to connect with your router to see the settings.

If you do then under one of the tabs it will tell you the protocol along with the default "pass word". This is what you would put in the box that is being requested by the Phone.

For Linksys e1000 i.e is 192,168.1.1. You should have a cd that came with the router that would make this part easier.

0 Likes
chansberry

I haven't a clue what I was doing wrong - but I logged on to the router and input the code from there.  Yureka!  

Thanks a bazillion!.  I can barely get 3G here at home, so getting an internet connection on the phone is frustrating.  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes