Re: WHY DOESN"T VERIZON RESPOND?
Not applicable

sharonnnut wrote:

Brian68 -- if you'll check your current version of your tbolt software, you'll likely find it is no less than TWO versions behind everyone else's.  And that was just rolled out this past May 2012!  It's not even up to Gingerbread. Besides, it really isn't the software version, I wouldn't mind that if the phone itself wasn't having severe problems - dropping calls constantly, turning itself off and not wanting to come on again - stuff like that is very frustrating.  NO, BRIAN -- I AM LEAVING. VZ has lost its ability to CARE about their customer base and don't seem to realize (or care) that this definitely affects their bottom line. If that changes, I may be back. But it won't happen anytime soon, promise you that.  But then, you know it all, right? Heeheehee... maybe you are special!

I don't have a tbolt  have a Lucid and it came with Gingerbread and was upgraded to ICS last month. You made the claim that Verizon NEVER upgrades the OSes. That is obviously wrong.  I do know that even though 15-20% of Verizon customers can leave every quarter without an ETF less than 1% actually do. That tells me that A) there are lots of satisfied customers B) people SAY they are leaving but most DO NOT. If you actually do what you say then more power to you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well I have a Tbolt running Gingerbread OTA update and it is running just fine. In fact, one application works much better on it then my Nexus running Jelly Bean. I never had any dropped calls with the Tbolt. I actually think I was getting better call quality on the Tbolt then the Nexus.

While I am looking forward to seeing the ICS update on the Tbolt, I also realize that it will likely be the last update the phone will receive. I hope they get it right and not introduce new glitches.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, Ann!  You are one of the very lucky ones! The majority of us don't have GB at all, matter of fact - I'm not sure what you'd call the latest rollout we got, I don't think it has a name.  I didn't have a lot of problems the first 6 months I had the Tbolt.  It just slowly gained problems after that.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE THIS PHONE!  I still wish it would work well because I really hate to give it up at all!  But I can't function with this many issues and VZ isn't even trying to fix any of them.  So I wish you the very best of luck! I just ordered a GS3 from another carrier, guess I'll give that a try.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sharonnnnut said)

I've been checking on other carriers -- I've been told that Sprint is fairly good, great customer service, their 4g is comparable to VZ's 3g, which is what my (vz) 4g phone only gets most of the time. And they still have unllimited Talk, Text, and Data!  VZ is way behind the times now, they never upgrade their operating systems,)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B33:

In some area's maybe but in Rule area's Sharon there Service isn't worth a Crap and allot of there service they get is by Hopping on other Carries Service My Niece and her Husband was only with Sprint for a Short Time and they left because the service was Terrible.) things might change for Sprint since Soft Bank Done there thing) Sprint Got a Big Pile of Cash and with that they're supposedly are getting some of U.S.Cellular's Air space and Customers for there Fledgling 4G service that's from what i read to get it off the Ground but to me there ship is still very unstable) My thinking is if they'd Pump More Money to there Service as they Do there Nascar Gig they would be Really be up here with every one Else. Smiley Happy But maybe some Day and this is What i read a short Time ago with Verizon:

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/11/08/verizons-4g-lte-to-match-their-3g-footprint-by-mid-2013-half-a-...

sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would have to agree with most of what you say, b33... Sprint has been one of the worst on the lot pretty much, with AT+T being bottom feeders.  I don't know where RULE is?  I do know some people who switched from vz to sprint recently and they have only good things to say so far, who knows if it will last.  For now, I ordered a Galaxy s3 last night and will try it out for a couple weeks (t-mobile). My son, his wife, and 3 teens have been on t-mobile for years and they say the service and equipment has only gotten better in the past year for sure, but they never had a problem before that either. 3 of my sisters are also using t-mobile and have never had a problem.  We will see how that goes.  I'm just so fed up with vz and I SO wish they hadn't gone downhill this far - 13 yrs with them is very hard to give up on. But maybe its time to move on. As for the link you posted above?  VZ is always putting out marketing articles like that, but rarely follow thru with what they promise.  Thanks for your feedback!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I believe B33 means rural areas.

B33
Legend

Yes Sir RC i met Rural this way but it came out a little Diff.  i didn't live in Barn but sometimes i Wonder i'm trying though..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sorry Sharon That is Rural Area's)   i stand Corrected

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Sharon, I have to say that releasing a new OS is not always up to Verizon. Verizon can only release new updates if the Manufacturer themselves prepare it and deliver it to Verizon, and only then will Verizon push it if it falls within their guidelines of a build.  If Verizon released an OS update and there were reported problems with the update, they would and have pulled sending it to the masses and only a small number would have received it.

It is also possible that the update is there for the taking and it was dismissed or the phone is not in a state to receive the update (the phones OS was changes from how it was delivered, it could even go as far as the SIM card was replaced between the last update and the current one and a FDR was not done.

In order for my GF to get the HTC update on her phone she had to do a Factory Data Wipe as the sim Card was replaced prior to the update.  It could also be that some people that have the update were part of a Soak Test group (knowingly or unknowingly) and the update is just not ready for delivery.  You really need to check with HTC on the update to see if there is one ready for your phone, if one has been delivered, or if there is even one coming for your phone as Verizon will only know what they are told from the manufacturer on updates. As far as timelines that is 90% in the hands of the manufacturer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I wanted to Add this the Now Network as they Call it is Kind of Going Back wards i guess you would call it to try to Go Forward )  Well i like a Company that is investing to Go Forward and stay that way Smiley Happy that's my kind of Company..

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-spending-additional-200-million-3g-network-lte-rolls-out

0 Likes