WIFi at home
BigDJH

For some reason my Thunderbolt has stopped picking up my home WiFi.  Any ideas why? I can still pick up other WiFi, just not in my house. It worked fine for the first month or so, now it keeps trying to connect, but won't.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Derrick

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WIFi at home
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried to "forget" the connection, then reconnect?

Go to settings->Wireless&networks->wi-fi settings.

Turn wifi on.

under the WI-fi networks list, you should see your home connection.

Click on that connection and a window should pop up.  click the forget. 

Then have your phone scan again for available networks and connect again to your home router.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried to "forget" the connection, then reconnect?

Go to settings->Wireless&networks->wi-fi settings.

Turn wifi on.

under the WI-fi networks list, you should see your home connection.

Click on that connection and a window should pop up.  click the forget. 

Then have your phone scan again for available networks and connect again to your home router.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
jgaffney

Dnakaman:

That doesn't work. When I tap the network name, my only choices are Connect or Cancel. How can I delete the entire list of found networks and start again?

0 Likes
Dnakaman
Contributor - Level 1

jgaffney wrote:

Dnakaman:

That doesn't work. When I tap the network name, my only choices are Connect or Cancel. How can I delete the entire list of found networks and start again?

If it does not allow you to "forget" the connection, that means that you never made a connection to that particular wifi network in the first place.  The list is dynamic (except for remembered connections) and will change depending on what wifi networks are available within your specific range.

Example, let's say you established a connection to your home wifi network and are away from your home.   If you look at your list, you will see your connection in the list for your home wifi connection that looks like:

"Your home wifi name"

Not in range, remembered

If you click on that one, you would have the option forget the connection.  Otherwise, your list of available networks will change based on what network your phone is detecting.  Only ones that will always show up are ones that you have connected to, but will display the "Not in range, remembered" under the networks name.  So you do not need to delete the entire list as the list automatically updates as it finds available networks.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes