Weather widget showing incorrect location
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once again, my t-bolt is showing Pittsburgh as the current location for weather.  I live in Warren, OH which is about 95 miles from Pittsburgh.  Not sure why this is happening since I've tried different configurations of the location services and nothing changes.  Currently I have all three enabled.  I've had a trouble ticket for other issues (dropping 3g service) for a couple weeks and haven't heard anything from VZW.  My girlfriend's Incredible 2 also shows Pittsburgh, wish someone would get this figured out.  Would also help if someone would respond in regard to my trouble ticket, maybe it's the strike that is causing a lot of the problems that Verizon has right now.  Wouldn't surprise me, since there are apparently 70 wireless workers on strike in my area alone.

0 Likes
Re: Weather widget showing incorrect location
Wildman
Legend

Best way is to set the location yourself through the weather settings and not use the My Location setting, Mine shows me always in Overland Park, KS when Im in KC Mo. so I just set it through the wether app default and disable the My Location option.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Wildman, for your suggestion. Kzerefos, have you tried the steps provided? How did this work for you? I hope your issue is resolved, but I would like to provide another suggestion for you. 

Please try clicking on the clock portion rather than the weather and go to the World Clock tab. There you are able to to change your settings for the weather by clicking Menu-Home Settings. Update the settings accordingly and let us know how this works for you. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I try that method, my city is not found in the search.  It's strange, last night it showed Ohio instead of a city/town name.  Then I switched to wifi and it showed my town.  It seems to be a problem with google gps since that's the one that controls the weather location info.  As I stated, my girlfriend's Dinc2 does the same thing, gps compatability issues with google/htc?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Another thing to consider.... Do you have the gps on or are you just using the google location service that issues the tower to identify location because the towers option is already jumping around for me.

0 Likes