Web browser crazy slow and other apps not updating on 4g.
Karuk

A little over a week ago I noticed that the built-in web browser took 20-45 seconds to load the google search page. At the same time I noticed that the google reader  and newsrob app stopped updating. This only happens when I'm on the 4g network. When I switch to WIFI or 3g the web browser and apps function perfectly. 

The Newsrob (RSS feed reader) gives me an error message. Suncronization failed: Java.net  socket exception: operation timed out.

Anyone else having similar issues? Any known fixes other than switching my 4g phone to 3g all of the time. 

0 Likes
Re: Web browser crazy slow and other apps not updating on 4g.
jacky523

Same issue here. The phone was working perfectly for about 2 months and then this issue showed up. It's different then the issue with switching between 4G and 3G. That was never an issue. The problem was only when connected with a 4G network only. Browsing would always time out, even after multiple restarts and a factory reset the issue continued. Updated to the newest OTA update and radio and the problem persisted. 

I've found no fix for this issue on any forums yet, although I know of several others who are having this issue.

Verizon, HTC, please investigate and fix.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
The new update scheduled for tomorrow will fix it.
0 Likes
Karuk

Not true. I have seen the update in action on a non-rooted thunderbolt. 

0 Likes
Tboltaz
Contributor - Level 1

I am also having the same problem :smileymad:

0 Likes
cbr1000

Yep.  There is something wrong for sure.  I am in Phoenix.  It did it last week in San Diego.  Pretty frustrating.

It would be nice if Verizon would at least acknowledge this problem.  And it is a problem.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to all community members for the feedback and suggestions!

Jacky523, we aware of the issue and we are working diligently to resolve this as soon as possible.  I would like to ask a few questions that could help determine what could be causing the issue.  If you would like, reply to my private message I will send with your name, mobile cellular number and I will be glad to assist further.

0 Likes
jimnycricket65

@ gina  So where is this update that was to arrive on the 15th?  Are you a secret member assigned by Verizon?

0 Likes
jimnycricket65

What were the questions posed?  Maybe some of us can/need to answer it as well since we are ALL having 4g (non-existent) issue.

0 Likes
Karuk

Any other San Diego peeps have 4g working that had the same issue? I'm in Mission Valley.

For the last 12 days my browser has been slow or times out on 4g. 3g works perfectly. Same issue with several apps. 

Tested 4g this morning. FAIL
Received CLNR this afternoon. Tested 4g . FAIL
Put sim back in orig phone. Tested. FAIL
Went to get a sandwich. Tested 4g. WORKING!!
Test every 5 minutes for the last hour and a half. WORKING!

All apps functioning as they should.

0 Likes