When are we getting this ICS update?
ChosenHero567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting kind of tired of this. A year ago, it was said that by this time the Rhyme would have 4.0. So what's the deal? Have they even mentioned a date where they might release the update?

0 Likes
Re: When are we getting this ICS update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No one really knows for sure. The Thunderbolt update is late as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ChosenHero567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still think the least they owe their loyal customers is a message saying when they plan to release the update. Just a date would be nice. It's irritating that most Android users are behind the current model and Verizon doesn't care.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask HTC.  They are the ones writing the code before sending it to Verizon for testing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Midnight1970
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm beyond frustrated by the lack of ANY updates for this phone.  It's incredibly slow and laggy and the folks that have non-Verizon versions of this phone are already enjoying the update and openly saying that they are happy with it now because it's so much faster and responsive. 

I'm angry that I can't get an update and that Verizon won't assist me in any way to get out of this phone into something faster.  I don't like this purple nightmare and never did. 

0 Likes
betabilly

This week, a VZW Store rep told me ICS was not coming to the Rhyme, I'm certain this was pure misinformation on his part. Today I received a software upgrade  to 2.20.605.13 710RD which made my phone considerably faster. In the past I have heard reports that ICS slows the Rhyme quite a bit (probably not but everything's relative) so I'm not in a rush. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

betabilly wrote:

This week, a VZW Store rep told me ICS was not coming to the Rhyme, I'm certain this was pure misinformation on his part. Today I received a software upgrade  to 2.20.605.13 710RD which made my phone considerably faster. In the past I have heard reports that ICS slows the Rhyme quite a bit (probably not but everything's relative) so I'm not in a rush. 

This was a minor update which mostly removed some pre-installed software. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/26/htc-rhyme-set-to-receive-minoro-update-to-2-20-605-13/

0 Likes
ChosenHero567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to update mine right now. It shuts down, then says "Updating Software from Verizon" then goes to a picture of the phone with a red exclamation mark. It's not [modified], so why can't I update?

<Post edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
betabilly

Do you have wi-fi enabled and connected to a network? Somewhere I read this was required.

0 Likes
betabilly

I just checked the Rhyme PDF on software updating, it says a storage card must be inserted.

0 Likes