When are we going to see the media dock????
drink2mny

What is verizons problem?? Not one blurb, blog, tech site mention as to why this dock (Part#: HTC6400DTC)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&accessoryId=47425

HTC ThunderBolt Desktop charger w/battery charging capability

is not for sale yet.. This pnone has been out log enough. and there have been plenty of phots of this dock for sale prior to the launch date of this phone..

So I ask.. What the heck?? This as simple as it sounds will make me change phones for one that has all its accessories in store..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When are we going to see the media dock????
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I've been asking about availability of this dock for some time now. The corporate store I got my phone from didn't even know it is on their site. I'm wondering if they have even created a "demand" for this in their inventory system (they couldn't answer that question either). It would seem that someone somewhere knows what's holding up this accessory! HTC doesn't have an answer either. 

Oh just to cut off those who are going to suggest other options, (Mobi, Seidio, etc.) , None of those are capable of charging a Thunderbolt with the extended battery installed (on a desktop, or without connecting to the wall and a USB port). :smileysad:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I've been asking about availability of this dock for some time now. The corporate store I got my phone from didn't even know it is on their site. I'm wondering if they have even created a "demand" for this in their inventory system (they couldn't answer that question either). It would seem that someone somewhere knows what's holding up this accessory! HTC doesn't have an answer either. 

Oh just to cut off those who are going to suggest other options, (Mobi, Seidio, etc.) , None of those are capable of charging a Thunderbolt with the extended battery installed (on a desktop, or without connecting to the wall and a USB port). :smileysad:

0 Likes
drink2mny
https://m.store.verizonwireless.com/mas/shop_main.aspx?phonepk=2253

One of the android sites had this link which shows it available..

I am going to find the paper work that shows the thunderbolt is suppose to have a media dock with hdmi capability.. Thats also on the android forums..
So media dock..
And mid range battery..
Other than that I do really like this phone...
0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I've read on other forums that the "m.store...." accepts your order then eventually sends an email that it is "out of stock".

Does anyone (VERIZON!) know if any demand for this dock has been put into the Verizon inventory system????

0 Likes
drink2mny

Check out the specs.. http://developer.verizon.com/downloads/OEM_PDF/HTC_Thunderbolt.pdf

and this line specifically..

Accessories Supported: HDMI Adapter, Wireless Charging , Extended Battery (3.7VDC, 2750mAh), Audio 
Adapter, Car Kit, Car Charger, Mono BT Headset, Standard Battery, USB Sync Cable, AC Adapter, Simple 
Pouch

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

drink2mny wrote:

Check out the specs.. http://developer.verizon.com/downloads/OEM_PDF/HTC_Thunderbolt.pdf

and this line specifically..

Accessories Supported: HDMI Adapter, Wireless Charging , Extended Battery (3.7VDC, 2750mAh), Audio 
Adapter, Car Kit, Car Charger, Mono BT Headset, Standard Battery, USB Sync Cable, AC Adapter, Simple 
Pouch

Has anyone seen the simple pouch? 

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Still waiting Verizon. (I don't think this question is going away, might as well address it)

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. We currently do not have the Charger - Multimedia Desktop Charging Dock Part#: HTC6400DTC in stock nor do we have a date of when or if we will carry this product. I can understand the need for this product and searched other sites as well and did not find that this particular model is available. You may view available accessories at www.verizonwireless.com/products. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
drink2mny

Well that answer was crap.. Thanks VZW... pretty sure this post wasn't solved..

0 Likes