Re: Where's the HTC ThunderBolt Desktop Charger?????
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

When I was in a Verizon store the other day the rep showed me some up coming accessories and a charging pad is also supposed to be coming. It requires a replacement back that allows for inductive charging but it looks normal unlike the ones that are out now that require a plug being in your USB all the time. 

0 Likes
purgero

I am one of them that couldn't wait for Verizon's desktop charger, and bought the one from techiewarehouse (which I've seen this model on a few websites, so don't blame techiewarehouse)...but this unit is very difficult to snap the phone onto. As simple as a design as it is, it doesn't work very well in getting the phone on the cradle.

If you haven't seen it, HTCPedia has one at this location:

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-thunderbolt-accessories/accessories/chargers-and-cables/desktop-charger...

The #3: Deluxe Desktop Charging Dock & Sync w. Spare Battery Slot for HTC Thunderbolt looks really nice, and is less than Verizon's unit. I called them, and they are supposed to be getting them on 5/31 (according to the manufacturer).

Just an FYI for you guys and glas...

0 Likes
dcpmark
Enthusiast - Level 2

purgero wrote:

The #3: Deluxe Desktop Charging Dock & Sync w. Spare Battery Slot for HTC Thunderbolt looks really nice, and is less than Verizon's unit. I called them, and they are supposed to be getting them on 5/31 (according to the manufacturer).

Do you keep your TB naked, or do you not mind taking off the case every time you want to put it in a dock?

From the link above:

"Please note: Thunderbolt dock will NOT work with HTC Thunderbolt Extended Battery or if the phone is in any HTC Thunderbolt case. You will have to take off the case in order to dock the phone into the Thunderbolt docking station."

0 Likes
purgero

I have a cover for the TB, and when I leave the house I put it on. But when I come home, and/or dock it, it is naked, and does not have an extended battery.

0 Likes
dunracin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the SEIDIO desktop charger for the THUNDERBOLT and it works great.  I also have SEIDIO's extended battery which gives incredible use time and is far better than the HTC extended battery I replaced.

snickers33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had nothing by issues with the battery on my tbolt.  Never lasts.  They are putting in 4G in our area now and there are days I get 2hrs of battery life before I get a warning that it's going to die.  Honestly don't see that great of a difference between the 3G and 4G.  I would be happy if I could get a full 10-12hrs of batter life with some useage.  I'm not on the phone talking or texting all day, no reason for it to die like it does.  My next phone will be an iPhone....I haven't heard of any issues in our area using them.  Good Luck with the battery cradle...if they ever come in stock

0 Likes