Who do I contact about horrible service?
Vanik1982

I was in my local Verizon store last week two times last week for the same issue.  On Thursday I went in and spoke to Sarah about a GPS issue I’ve been having; my HTC One will not lock on to any GPS satellites. Sarah advised she had never encountered that issue before and went to speak with a “colleague”. When she returned she told me that he had encountered that issue and that it was a bug in the latest software update from a month ago and that the patch due out in August would fix it. I wasn’t satisfied with the answer, but no one seemed to care anymore about my concerns. I should have forced the matter more then, especially knowing what I know now.

Saturday morning I had an accident and my screen cracked. I can live with that, but need my GPS to work.

Saturday afternoon, after doing more research on the issue and discovering that I have a hardware issue as well I went back to the store and spoke with Karim. He gave me one of the worst customer service experiences of my life! When Karim came up to me, I ran down all the information I had found concerning my issue as well as what Sarah had done on Thursday. I was then told that because of the screen crack I would have to pay a $99 deductible for a new phone. I asked why, as the issue I am encountering is a device issue and that I had come in about the issue before the crack. Karim advised that the manufacturer wouldn’t take the phone back because of the crack and that it would now have to go through the insurance company. I can understand that, but when I tried to ask a follow up question, he started speaking over and interrupting me. I stood there until he finished repeating himself, then tried to ask again why the cracked screen completely negated my initial complaint and his response “It’s not us, it’s the insurance company. You have to pay the deductible, that’s how insurance companies work!”  I was stunned by that statement and then asked for my phone back and left. Not only did the discourteousness and unprofessional statement upset me, I know how insurance companies work as I work for the second largest private insurance company in the country.

I am a hard worker, I’m not trying to get anything free and will pay what I owe. What I will not endure is behavior such as this from one of your employees. I gave up on any assistance that I may get from the store and am now posting here to see who I can and should be telling this too.

0 Likes
Re: Who do I contact about horrible service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Vanik1982,

That's not the world class experience that we want you to have at our store! Our goal is to attain and retain your wireless happiness. Such behavior will be addressed immediately. May I ask for you to send us a private message so we can begin.
Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Vanik1982

It was not and has not been a pleasant experience these past few days. I've followed the directions and am following you, once you follow me back we can hopefully work this out.

Thank you.ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes