Why am I Not receiving texts from iPhones?
Tayquick08

I've gone to iPhone website and deleted my device, I've changed my iTunes password. Verizon took my iPhone so I can't go on it and turn iMessage off but they reset it so it shouldn't be working. I also have a ipad but I turned iMessage off of it. We have deleted an re added my number in phones. So what else can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving texts from iPhones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your text messages are working. If you've already unregistered your device, you may have to have the users delete previous threads with you and delete and re-add your mobile number. That will stop the iPhone from thinking that you still have an iPhone.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Do the people that are sending you text messages have the option for send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable selected?

Tayquick08

No they say it looks like it sent that they don't know it didn't send. They have to hold the message and pick SMS. It doesn't notify them that it didn't send

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your text messages are working. If you've already unregistered your device, you may have to have the users delete previous threads with you and delete and re-add your mobile number. That will stop the iPhone from thinking that you still have an iPhone.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Tayquick08

We have already tried that.

Sent from my HTC One on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for th details Tayquick08! The issue that is being experienced would relate directly to Apple and their iMessage servers. We recommend reaching out to Apple at 800-MYAPPLE. They'll have the opportunity to make sure your account is fully deleted and make sure other iOS devices do not continue to system send messages as iMessages, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes