Why do I have"No service" with 4G LTE in system tray?
TYLER2626
Enthusiast - Level 1

Attempted to make a phone call today and there is no ringing/dial tone. When a call is started it is silent and drops the call about 5 seconds later. The Verizon store tried several things and then gave me a new SIM card and tried again. Eventually I was told I was basically "S-O-L" (obviously in a more PC manner) and would need to factory reset or need a new phone.

So far I've also tried...

1. Swapping preferred networks from Global to LTE; going into and out of airplane mode.
  2. Factory resetting the device.
  3. Wiping the partition cache from the boot loader.
  4. Uninstalling the service pack.
  5. Booting into Safe Mode.
  6. and following the troubleshooting plan in its entirety from Verizon for "no service".

The system tray shows 4G LTE with 3-4 bars of signal; the 4G LTE is dark grey vice white. When pulled down the normal "Verizon Wireless" says "No service". My network in options shows VZW with -99 dBm on LTE. However, as soon as I try to place a call it's silent and the service bars drop to none lit and eventually the phone shows the no service symbol in the system tray and I have to go into airplane mode and back to reset it.

I'm at a loss...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "No service" with 4G LTE in system tray; phone calls fail to work at all.
TYLER2626
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently there is an outage in my area that only affects voice calls. Mobile data, etc. still works. Will update once I get confirmation of service restoration.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TYLER2626
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently there is an outage in my area that only affects voice calls. Mobile data, etc. still works. Will update once I get confirmation of service restoration.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tyler2626, I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing service troubles in your area. I appreciate you posting that you found out it was an outage. How are the services now? Are you able to make and receive a call?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes