Why have I not received the Kit Kat update?
DStaples

I heard that the update to kit kat has come out. I live in Arizona. When I go into settings and check for updates my phone would tell me if it was up to date. Now it checks and then goes blank. Why would this occur and why do I not have access to the update? Is there a different way to update my phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone has not updated to kit kat.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DStaples, staying up to date with the latest software is always exciting! The software updates are released in waves and not all at once to all customers. The manufacturer will release the updates gradually so it is not downloaded all at once and crash the server. There is a software upgrade assistant tool that let's an update be installed via computer, but is not compatible with the HTC One device. We appreciate your continued patience.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cornscrap

Do not do it, I have had problems with my phone since I updated to Kit Kat, my calls, my downloads and I can not install app in the play store. It has been so bad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DStaples, staying up to date with the latest software is always exciting! The software updates are released in waves and not all at once to all customers. The manufacturer will release the updates gradually so it is not downloaded all at once and crash the server. There is a software upgrade assistant tool that let's an update be installed via computer, but is not compatible with the HTC One device. We appreciate your continued patience.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes