Wi-fi is always connected, but phone keeps dropping the network
Julianne01

I definitely have a wi-fi connection:  But it seems like it is always dropping the network, for example I am online, then there will be no network connection.  I check the wifi status, it is still connected, but it takes a while before the network will connect again, then it stays on for just about 3 minutes and disconnects again.  Repeat:  Wifi is always on, the wifi signal is up and full bars.  I am between 1 and 20 feet from my wifi at all times.  Is my phone broken?  Would an application cause this to happen?

0 Likes
Re: Wi-fi is always connected, but phone keeps dropping the network
Julianne01

I should add that the waiting circle spins around and I will get a message, network connect error, make sure you are connected (I do, the phone is showing a good connection status)  Or it will say something has stopped working, force close. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Julianne01,

Let's see what's causing the problem! When did the issue begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Do you experience this while being connected to other wi-fi networks? Have you checked your home router settings? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Julianne01

Thank you, it seems like it was a power issue.  I had been running the phone without any changes on the economy setting, then suddenly it needed the normal setting in order to stay connected.  I don't know if an app would have caused that, although I am interested in what perhaps might have caused the sudden upset. Is the battery failing?  Router is working fine, settings were all checked, tried different things, everyone else was connected, as was I for short periods of time.  That's about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear that Julianne01! In reagrds to the root cause, it's possible that the problems were the result of a application that was downloaded. Did you remove any applications? Do you have any apps that are Wifi or signal related? Please let me know.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes