WiFi Ghost in the Rezound
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

The ICS update included a ghost and he has a WiFi fetish.  He keeps turning the WiFi on and it's starting to drive me nuts.  Any ideas to figure out how to stop it other than the Ghost Busters?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi Ghost in the Rezound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Who ya gonna call?! Verizon!... <- Bad cellular sequel. Anyways, my next suggestion would be to disable Wi-Fi altogether by going to settings> more> uncheck Wi-Fi direct. Then press back> make sure Wi-Fi is set to off. Reset the device and see if this takes care of it.

Keep us posted with any additional information! I want to ensure we exercise your phone.

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wi-Fi direct was off.  Some app is turning WiFi on that didn't do it on Gingerbread.  Is there some app or some other way to find out which it is?  There are multiple apps that have WiFi permission, some of them built-in apps that can't be deleted, and others are productivity apps I really don't want to delete, just to find out what's going on.  The WiFi turning on is annoying, having to rebuild all my settings and data would be more so.

0 Likes
tips456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Launch the phone in safe mode to see if it is an app causing it. You launch in safe mode by holding volume down while holding the power button.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=48353

0 Likes
cronraptor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was finally able to get back to this issue.  After further investigation, and research on Google, it appears that there is a bug in the HTC kernel as multiple HTC phones with this kernel or more recent have the exact same problem.

0 Likes