Re: Wont connect to internet over VZW network
Tidbits
Legend

superman2567 wrote:

You can go to app store and download  the app called Phone Info then you can switch the settings anytime without having to put in the code all the time ,the app takes you directly to the settings.

You don't have to put the code in everytime.  Seems like a waste of space if you will more than likely use it twice.  Once to make sure you don't connect to 4G for this problem to happen, and once again when there is ample enough coverage in your area.

0 Likes
pinggolf
Use ##778# instead of the phone info trick. If you force the device to cdma only, you won't connect to 4g if it's available.

Here are the instructions:
On you phone dial pad hit ##778# and tap call
Password is 000000
tap modem settings-->rev a-->enable
Hit your menu key and commit changes.
The device will reboot and you'll have 3g coverage if your not in a 4g area.

This trick force the device to use the same evdo network as all other 3g devices. The only thing you'll lose is the ability for simultaneous voice/data. The device will still connect to 4g if it's available.

I started another thread that has this info (entitled: thunderbolt data service down).

Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

pinggolf wrote:
Use ##778# instead of the phone info trick. If you force the device to cdma only, you won't connect to 4g if it's available.

Here are the instructions:
On you phone dial pad hit ##778# and tap call
Password is 000000
tap modem settings-->rev a-->enable
Hit your menu key and commit changes.
The device will reboot and you'll have 3g coverage if your not in a 4g area.

This trick force the device to use the same evdo network as all other 3g devices. The only thing you'll lose is the ability for simultaneous voice/data. The device will still connect to 4g if it's available.

I started another thread that has this info (entitled: thunderbolt data service down).

Hope that helps.

If you do it the way I said to do it you still have voice and data.  Also you can always revert back when 4G comes back into your area. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The cdma auto (prl) method doesn't work for those having issues with data on eHPRD.  That method is only useful for those who don't want the battery drain of being on 4G all the time.  And it seems that simultaneous voice and data is still working for a lot of the people who have enabled Rev A.

0 Likes
pinggolf
Pjnc284 is correct. The ##778# trick fixes the no data over eHRPD issue many of us are currently experiencing. I'll gladly give up simultaneous voice/data just to have data in 3g only coverage. At least the device will automatically flip between 4G and 3g without having to force the device to use cdma or LTE.

We're at VZW's mercy until they fix the eHRPD issue.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

point taken :smileyhappy:

0 Likes

Im on my second Thunderbolt and they tell me that I need a new one..  Is the Thunderbolt the new Balcberry Storm?

0 Likes