android 2.3 update
staley
I was wondering am I the only person on the planet that has not received the android 2.3 update yet
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: android 2.3 update
Wildman
Legend
Droid X has had it for a little while now but just because one device receive the update doesn't mean all devices will get the update at the same time because the developers have to test and correct bug that is found from testing groups...

Right now it looks like the GB update is only hitting the 3g devices because 4g just getting to be a standard and still in testing stages, the TB users will see it but we just have to wait until the update has met developers and Verizon's requirements and once its ready we will start seeing the update pushed.... Since there hasn't been any real rumors or officials reports I would say it may be a little bit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
No one has it "officially". There are custom roms based on leaks but that's it.
0 Likes
staley
Is that just for thunder bolt cuz my friend on my friends and family plan has a Droid x and he is already running it and he knows nothing about custom roms. And also who pushes them Verizon or HTC. Thanks.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Droid X has had it for a little while now but just because one device receive the update doesn't mean all devices will get the update at the same time because the developers have to test and correct bug that is found from testing groups...

Right now it looks like the GB update is only hitting the 3g devices because 4g just getting to be a standard and still in testing stages, the TB users will see it but we just have to wait until the update has met developers and Verizon's requirements and once its ready we will start seeing the update pushed.... Since there hasn't been any real rumors or officials reports I would say it may be a little bit.
0 Likes
staley
Ahh. I see. Well thank you that helps tremendously. I don't see y Verizon or HTC couldn't tell me that.thanks again
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Verizon or HTC will never tell you when an update is coming until it ready to be released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes