batterly life worse since 4G outage
velazja84

I have noticed my batterly life is alot worse after the 4g outage....is anyone else having the same problem???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: battery life worse since 4G outage
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, perhaps as a suggestion an extended battery might be an option to use with the HTC Thunderbolt. Here are some of the benefits with the HTC 2750mAh Extended Battery w/ Door for HTC Thunderbolt.

It significantly increases talk and standby time, and is "memory-free" so you charge up at any time. This Extended Battery is lightweight and comes with an Extended Battery Door which replaces the stock cover.

Features with this item:

• Lithium-Ion Battery
  • Memory Free for optimal charging
  • Extended Battery Door Included
  • Capacity:  2750mAh - Almost Doubling the Original Capacity/Talk Time!
  • HTC (OEM) Equipment
Here is a link that also can be used as a reference http://www.paranoidandroids.com/htc-2750mah-extended-battery-w-door/8A37A7975.htm 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: batterly life worse since 4G outage
budone
Legend

It will be worse as the phone is looking for 4G service. If you search this area there is a thread on shutting off the 4G radio so it will not search.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

May I ask what device do you have? If it's the Thunderbolt, then you can do the following steps below to turn off your 4G service...

From the dialpad call, *#*#4636#*#*

Select "phone information" from the Testing menu.

In the "Set preferred network type:" field, change to CDMA auto (PRL)

To turn the 4G service back on, just follow the same steps and select "CMDA +LTE/EvDo auto"

0 Likes
cjmcmillion

you can turn off 4g but the battery drain will still be there apparently its not only the 4g that drains the battery...

oh you might want to uncheck stocks and news then turn your brightness to 5% thats what i have setup

but the battery still drains - this problem is on all htc thunderbolt devices unless they just made some

newer device verisons

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback. Adding to what was stated, perhaps as a suggestion an extended battery might be an option to use with the HTC Thunderbolt. Here are some of the benefits with the HTC 2750mAh Extended Battery w/ Door for HTC Thunderbolt.

It significantly increases talk and standby time, and is "memory-free" so you charge up at any time. This Extended Battery is lightweight and comes with an Extended Battery Door which replaces the stock cover.

Features with this item:

• Lithium-Ion Battery
  • Memory Free for optimal charging
  • Extended Battery Door Included
  • Capacity:  2750mAh - Almost Doubling the Original Capacity/Talk Time!
  • HTC (OEM) Equipment
Here is a link that also can be used as a reference http://www.paranoidandroids.com/htc-2750mah-extended-battery-w-door/8A37A7975.htm 
0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Another quick way to "turn off" the 4G is to download LTE onoff from the market (free)

0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

A non-benefit of the 2750 mAh extended battery is it makes this already too thick and too heavy slab thicker and heavier, Plus, you're expected to pay extra for a battery just to make your phone useable for the better part of a day, a function which I think should be included in the buying price.

It's getting tougher for me to listen to anything the Verizon reps say. I called in the other day to investigate my options (hoping the Droid Charge was being released so I could return this phone). The rep told me the Charge wasn't dropping, but recommended I buy the extended battery, because the original battery has "1400 minutes of talk time, but the extended battery has 2750 minutes of talk time..." He said this not once, but twice. I'm seriously supposed to take advice and trust in the info from someone who thinks mAh stands minutes of talk time?

This is really putting me in a fix. I need the 4g speed for my work (well, it does make my work easier - I can get by with the 3G, but Verizon's 3G is snail-like in these parts). I would trade this in a heartbeat for the Charge, but they keep pushing it back. My 14 days are almost up, but if I return it and wait, I will need to commit to a 2-year commitment - I'm not committing to any smartphone for 2 years - they're evolving waaaaay to fast for that. But this thing is ridiculous with the power. I can go from a full charge, surf the internet for 20 minutes, and be below 80%. If I don't keep it plugged in, I sometimes get 4-5 hours. And I disable 4G most of the time, and force shut the Blockbuster services and turn off background updating. It's the big screen. When I check the power page, the screen is always 85%+ of the power useage. TFT? Really? Good choice for a 4.3" screen.

Looks like I'm going to have to be stuck with this power pig for now, and at the end of this contract look at my options. If I'm going to be stuck for two years, I might as well go with Sprint, where I get better price and more included features (TV, Nav, etc...)

I called and asked if I could return the Thunderbolt now, and just get the Charge shipped when it releases, but they won't keep me in the 1-year contract for that. Why couldn't they just release the Charge on time??!!! Boo!

0 Likes