connection problems
goatku

Ever since this last update I have been having connection problems in places that I have had good signal Full 3g and in the same places now i have 1 bar or none and cant make a phone call for **bleep** has anyone else been having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: connection problems
goatku

Also i have had the update since 07/09/11

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having the same data connectivity problem here.  Call quality hasn't been great but data has been horrible.  I did 4 factory resets two days ago to try to get a 3g connection.  I have had several calls in to tech support as well as customer care with no resolution other than we'll send you a CLNR, I had two people offer to send me a Charge, but it was also a CLNR.  So, I either take another bolt so I can have the same problems or worse, or I take a Charge which I don't want.  I don't even feel like getting into the nightmare of poor customer service I had to go through to get to that point.  If anyone from VZW would like to address this problem with me, feel free to contact me although I know it is unlikely since I can't even get called back by supervisors.  I have bitten my lip for long enough with this, riding the "be patient" roller coaster.  I, like everyone else with t-bolt issues, just want the phone to work as advertised in those glossy marketing campaigns for what was to be Verizon's flagship LTE device.  I am not some class action extremist, just take care of the problem and quit passing the buck.  For the short times of the phone working, and I do mean short times, it is phenomenal.  Somehow it has turned into the black sheep of the Verizon family.  You can hear it in the reps' voices as they stumble through scripted trouble shooting for yet another thunderbolt issue.  Proposal is to do a full revamp on all software on the phone and roll it out as a real update, I get frustrated when the fix one issue and break 2 more.  Awesome, no more reboots, but you can only use data when the phone says its ok.  The worst thing a business can do is overpromise and under deliver.  Thanks to all for listening, nice to know someone is.  These forums have been truly informative and it makes me wonder why verizon doesn't look through some of the members here for employment recruiting.  It's horrible when I have to listen to misinformation from tech support after this issue telling me they were sending an e-mail to have an update pushed to my phone that would include gingerbread which, she said, would fix all of my problems.  I asked her for the build number and told her that was not a gingerbread update, it was the one I was already on.  She put me on hold, came back and told me it was confirmed that gingerbread would be in the update.  Guess what?  No update, and why you may ask, because I'm already on the most current software.  I'm not going any further with this post right now as I can't take yet another late night of trying to figure out why my phone is having these problems.  I am happy for those who don't have these issues as it is the worst situation I have been in during all my years of cellular service.  Thanks again to all of the forum members, and I am here for anyone if there are questions I can answer.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

kzerefos wrote:

I have been having the same data connectivity problem here.  Call quality hasn't been great but data has been horrible.  I did 4 factory resets two days ago to try to get a 3g connection.  I have had several calls in to tech support as well as customer care with no resolution other than we'll send you a CLNR, I had two people offer to send me a Charge, but it was also a CLNR.  So, I either take another bolt so I can have the same problems or worse, or I take a Charge which I don't want.  I don't even feel like getting into the nightmare of poor customer service I had to go through to get to that point.  If anyone from VZW would like to address this problem with me, feel free to contact me although I know it is unlikely since I can't even get called back by supervisors.  I have bitten my lip for long enough with this, riding the "be patient" roller coaster.  I, like everyone else with t-bolt issues, just want the phone to work as advertised in those glossy marketing campaigns for what was to be Verizon's flagship LTE device.  I am not some class action extremist, just take care of the problem and quit passing the buck.  For the short times of the phone working, and I do mean short times, it is phenomenal.  Somehow it has turned into the black sheep of the Verizon family.  You can hear it in the reps' voices as they stumble through scripted trouble shooting for yet another thunderbolt issue.  Proposal is to do a full revamp on all software on the phone and roll it out as a real update, I get frustrated when the fix one issue and break 2 more.  Awesome, no more reboots, but you can only use data when the phone says its ok.  The worst thing a business can do is overpromise and under deliver.  Thanks to all for listening, nice to know someone is.  These forums have been truly informative and it makes me wonder why verizon doesn't look through some of the members here for employment recruiting.  It's horrible when I have to listen to misinformation from tech support after this issue telling me they were sending an e-mail to have an update pushed to my phone that would include gingerbread which, she said, would fix all of my problems.  I asked her for the build number and told her that was not a gingerbread update, it was the one I was already on.  She put me on hold, came back and told me it was confirmed that gingerbread would be in the update.  Guess what?  No update, and why you may ask, because I'm already on the most current software.  I'm not going any further with this post right now as I can't take yet another late night of trying to figure out why my phone is having these problems.  I am happy for those who don't have these issues as it is the worst situation I have been in during all my years of cellular service.  Thanks again to all of the forum members, and I am here for anyone if there are questions I can answer.

Hi Kzerefos,
Since the last update for the Thunderbolt there was another update. It, does not yet include the Gingerbread software, but it corrects the re-boot issues the phone was having and much more. It is getting pushed out in phases. You are able to view it and check for the update here. 
http://support.vzw.com/system_update/thunderbolt.html
I hope this information is helpful and resolves your concerns with the Thunderbolt. Have a great day!

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

ChristinaB,

Part, if not most of the problem seems to be that few people at Verizon listen, or have a working knowledge of reading comprehnsion. It seems to be a lost art.

1. I'm pretty sure kzerefos made it clear that he already has the latest update. He already knows that it doesn't come with Gingerbread, that's what he was having to try to explain to the Verizon tech.

2. Your link doesn't work, at least on my computer. This is the second link of yours I've tried tonight that didn't work. I know you're busy with complaints, but do you by any chance check to see if the links work after you  post them? Maybe it's just my computer that is having trouble with your links.

Thank you for trying however and if you happen to find my 4G conncection that has been missing since the MR2 update, I would appreciate it if you would return it.

0 Likes