default phone numbers min, warranty, etc
JimH4662
Enthusiast - Level 2
Anybody know how tp delete the vzw preloaded numbers. Since the update, BigRed decided to load this crap in the sim. You was able to remove before. I pretty much was happy with VZW before. Had the minor issues that ran there course. But this really **bleep** me off. What reason did they think they needed to lock these in the sim card?
0 Likes
Re: default phone numbers min, warranty, etc
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I noticed this too. When I checked the view options for the people application, they are not even listed as being on the SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I did a battery pull along with removing the SIM card yesterday for other reasons. I left the phone apart for a few minutes. Later last night, I remembered this question and went to check the People app. All the listings that claimed they were on the SIM card are no longer there.

Try a battery pull and see if that helps you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i show zero contacts on my sim. is this how it is supposed to be? my contacts are a complete fail....lol....as far as a can tell i have a bunch on google, and a bunch on verizon. i used backup assistant for years so most are on my verizon, but i wanted them in google  (when i got an inc) so i did some process of exporting a file and then importing to google contacts. after that, i had 2 of every contact on my inc. i only have one of each on the tbolt now, but i honestly don't know if i am adding new contacts to google or to my phone (which syncs to my verizon). is there a way easily consolidate and make sure all are included in both google and my verizon??? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@AZSALUKI
You want essentially two sets of contacts on your Tbolt? A set of Google ones and another set of ones saved as phone contacts (backed by Backup Assistant)?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

sort of.....i want them sync'd to both spots, but in one list. right now when i go into people, i believe it is a list of contacts that is a combination of the 2 (as i sync'd both google and backup assistant). when i add a new contact i have no idea if it adds to google, or to just the list that syncs with backup assistant. when i enter a contact, i'd just like to make sure that it gets added to google and backup assistant. i don't think it does this though????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Okay.

I know when I create a new contact at the very top of new contact field there is a pull down that you can select which contact type to create. Sometimes you have to scroll up to it see though.

As for having both saved but only see one, you will probably have to employ the linking feature. Then in the view settings, turn off one of list types.

I have also recently discovered that you can export the phone and Google contacts separately to the sd card as a Vcard file. You can then import individually each Vcard file and select where you want the information saved to.

For example you can export all your phone only contacts and then import them into your Google account. And the reverse is possible too.

To keep the contacts to same in both lists might require you to do one of two things.
1. Create contact in each type as you add contacts
2. create a contact in one type and then export the contact to the sd card and then import it into the other type.

In playing with this import/export feature, I noticed that if the contacts match from both types of contacts the People has automatically linked the two contacts entries.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

thanks ann!! i guess i should spend some time playing around. the vcard files are how i initially got my phone contacts all into google when i bought my incredible. i knew this was a bit of an issue a year ago, but just never wanted to really mess with it. then i realized (after this thread) that my phone contacts and google contacts have a different number of contacts (11 more in one of them) and remembered that i never did rresolve what i was trying to do. i was just hoping maybe there was an easy way to add a contact once and tell it to add it to both, google, and the phone. 

really, i suppose i should just choose one to use. i guess i don't actually need google, backup assistant, and my backup pro ALL backin me up!!!! LOL!!! i just get so paranoid because since i got a phone (12 years ago) i have literally lost the ability to memorize phone #'s. i know my wife's....that's it! i don't even know my mom or son's phone #'s...lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Lol, I still have a few numbers memorized. Mom's work is easiest one for me to rattle off. Parents house, my grandma's old number (now my aunt's) make me think a little bit to recall it. More recent ones are numbers associated with work that I dial a lot.

I have all my contacts saved through Google and backup them up through Lookout and occasionally an export to the sd card for good measure.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ha, I can't even remember my own number.  If google and my phone dies, I'm in trouble. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes