extended battery
kingsjewels
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I buy a cheap extended battery from China will I still be able to use my 3g and 4g service? I read somewhere that the antenna is in the back cover and the cheap one does not offer it. Will I just be wasting my money?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: extended battery
AZSALUKI
Legend

you'll stille be able to use 3g and 4g....but i still wouldn't buy a cheap battery from china. it will NOT be any better than your stock battery, and will likely get worse and worse. i've bought those as backups before, but you get what you pay for. i'm buessing a 2700 cheapo will give you the same life as your 1300 stock battery. i could be wrong, but that's my experience. i bought 2 1700mah ones for my incredible. neither one lasted as long as my 1500mah that came with my incredible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
U might be. I think there is a sensor in the cover maybe for signal like u said.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you'll stille be able to use 3g and 4g....but i still wouldn't buy a cheap battery from china. it will NOT be any better than your stock battery, and will likely get worse and worse. i've bought those as backups before, but you get what you pay for. i'm buessing a 2700 cheapo will give you the same life as your 1300 stock battery. i could be wrong, but that's my experience. i bought 2 1700mah ones for my incredible. neither one lasted as long as my 1500mah that came with my incredible.

0 Likes
kingsjewels
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I've already ordered it so we will see. Can anyone please tell me what I can do that will extend my battery life until then?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

kingsjewels wrote:

Thank you. I've already ordered it so we will see. Can anyone please tell me what I can do that will extend my battery life until then

key word search this forum. there are tons of tips. or google it. tons of stuff out there.

check this thread:

http://www.facebook.com/datadoctors

scroll down to my comments on the battery tips

0 Likes
kingsjewels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just wanted to give an update about the extended battery. I bought an extended battery off of ebay from china. I paid 7.99 with free shipping and it works fine. It hasn't affected my signal at all. I only use the 3g though. I dont know if that would matter but I would assume it wouldn't. I don't have 4g in my area.  I'm on my second day of battery life and it's still half full. That is with medium usage, facebook, email, texting, internet, etc. HTH

0 Likes
Firemanken

Who was the seller of your extended battery?  I purchased a couple of extended batteries (3800 mAh) for my Droid X, but they don't last any longer than my original battery (1500 mAh).

0 Likes