hate the new update
ryder123k

the first phone i had whe nthe new icecream sandwhich update came through self updated while i slept and messed it all up couldn't read my sd card for music, couldn't download apps, half my apps not working correctly or at all and since then they have sent me a replacement thunder bolt which has done the same dang thing and theres nothng they can do but have me wait for a patch!!! my smart phone that i pay alot of money to them to use is basically a simple phone all i can do on this phone is call txt and have bad laggy 3 or 4g data connection so y would i pay almost 200 dollars on my bill when my phone (account owner) can't use his phone like he used to since the darn thing updated itself automatically again after i had recieved the replacement early today i have no clue wht to do i am fed up with it all and debating on letting the plan go because y spend good hard earned money if your phone is messed up and theres nothing they can do about it any help would be appreciated. thank you for taking time to look

0 Likes
Re: hate the new update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on what you have on the SD card it might take a few hours for the system to re-index the files for the new system.

Not all applications are designed or updated to work with Android 4.0+.

My Thunderbolt was updated over a week ago and I have only had minor issues. I did experience at first SD card of not being able to read it. A few hours later it was fine.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ryder123k

the first phone acted like that on monday and didn't correct itself at all and friday the new replacement automatically updated itselft and its still not working right

0 Likes
ronzos

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting violations and for discussion of device hacking per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/935765#935765 for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ryder123k,

My apologies that you are having issues with your recent software update. I understand how important it is to have a properly functioning device. After the update, have you completed a hard reset on your device? Often times this will eliminate the problems. HTC has published a common faqs section to assist with correcting any of the issues the update may have caused. To view this link, please visit http://bit.ly/15sGq23

Once a hard reset is completed, please keep us posted if you are still having issues, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes