how do you put your contacts back on your phone from cloud storage?
crobins

i have a lot of contacts the rep told me to put in cloud before i did a factory reset on my phone. i thought it would be easy to put it back but its not and ive spent a few hours trying to figure this out.  can anyone tell me how to put these contacts back on this htc one phone.  I cant wait until august to get out of my contract i can never get service on my phone while everyone else in my neighborhood has no problems with their smart phones.

0 Likes
Re: how do you put your contacts back on your phone from cloud storage?
Snn5
Legend

Make sure you have your Verizon account entered into the phone's accounts screen.  Make sure Verizon Cloud is enabled.  What seems to be the exact issue?  Are none of the contacts or any of them showing back up?  Are you not able to log in to begin sync?  Did you get the contacts backed up to Vzw Cloud?  Are your contacts in your Google account or Gmail by chance?

0 Likes
crobins

i have them in verizon cloud.   when i open cloud on phone it just wants to back up and i don't want to erase all my contacts in my verizon cloud by doing that of course...Ive tried to find a way to sinc them back to the phone but i am not having any luck with it at all. i have signed intro my account with verizon and i have hooked my phone into that....nothing is working.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It cannot backup what is not there to back up.  So, that's the point behind sync at setup.  The cloud downloads to the phone.  There is nothing on the phone at setup.  That's the point of syncing.

0 Likes
crobins

OK so hard to be clear without writing a book sometimes.  I had backed up all my contacts yesterday in verizon cloud.  about 50.  they are in verizon cloud.  i don't want to back up again after factory reset as i would clear all that out.  So what im trying to do now is move my 50 contacts that are in verizon cloud back to my phone...but i have tried to sinc and it says ive done that but when i go to my phone they aren't there..so obviously im doing something wrong...i need step by step i guess.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon Cloud | Verizon Wireless

How do I get contacts I backed up to Verizon Cloud on to my new phone?

Before completing this action, make sure your contacts in the cloud are up to date. You may want to perform another backup to the cloud from your old phone, if you can.

To sync your contacts from the cloud to your new phone:

1. Open the Verizon Cloud app from your new phone's App menu.

Note: If Verizon Cloud isn't listed in your App menu, you'll need to download the Verizon Cloud app to your new phone.

2. Tap Get Started.

3. Select the types of files you want restored to your new phone from the cloud.

Note: This initial sync could take a long time, depending on how much content you select. We recommend you connect your phone to Wi-Fi and plug it into the wall charger until this process is complete.

4. Tap OK.

You've successfully synced your content from the cloud to your new phone.

0 Likes