i dont know what people complain about
dudeman007

i have had verizon for almost ten years+ and yes there are some knuckleead reps but if your problem is escalated to the right person, you will have a better chance of resolving your problems. another thing that helps ive found, is just paying retail for handsets and not being locked to a contract, that way you can basically tell the rep youll drop them like that (snap) with no chages but your last bill!! yes its more money up front, but its peace of mind to know they cant say well yu know its xxx$ to cancel. and they can see how long youve been a customer, and like myself ive spent like $500 a month some months and they can see that too. they know how competitive the wireless industry is and if your not bound by contract you can just leave, and they will just nearly anything to stop that from happening. as far as devices go, i've owned the iphone, a galaxy s fascinate and now a thunderbolt. im very educated in nthe field of technology andn esp telecomm handsets. the thunderbolt is a far superior product then the aforemention, granted you get a device with the quality at 100%, which i understand isnt all. but HTC makes a great product and the thunderbolt is a great one. Android is an open source OS vs. iOS which apple picks and choose what apps are allowed and even censor webpages and other content. The thunderbolt is a great phone given you take care of it, and i purchased an extra battery which for me, and im a heavy user seems to get me through almost anyday. I charge it every night, and keep the extra battery in my pocket and when the device seems to lag because of the battery, i just pop out the drained, and put in the full charged one, its that simple. I again cant testify to people who have defective devices, but they are mechanical objects and are subject to imperfections and software glitches. what built in 2012 isnt?  I feel HTC is the only brand of phone ill ever buy again. I mean apple iphones are ok, but they release old techniology as if it was new. my thunderbolt is 4g LTE and has an 8meg camera etc.. the iphone 4s was realeased with these features nearly 9 months after HTC has produced a superphone like the Thunderbolt nmonths before. I love the sense UI and the product is dfar superior to many. Other than tnhe single core processor i cant think of much else i would want in my phone. Again, this is if you have had a NEW phone and never optyted for a  replacement.Apple is not my cup of tea I still have my iPhone is a drawer but when the thunderbolt was purchased, it , my Iphone becanme a paperweight. I feel HTC makes far superior products than apple, as stated above, dop you want a phone whos company releases them with old technology as if it were cutedge? Or a company like HTC who releases their product when the technology IS cutting edge?

0 Likes
Re: i dont know what people complain about
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad you like your thunderbolt, mine will be in the trash as soon as my contract is up and will not be looking at another HTC product.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have enjoyed my HTC Thunderbolt and I am hoping to see a device similar to the HTC One S come to Verizon...  I have always loved the Sense UI but usually I replace it with ADW EX or Launcher pro and use Beautiful Widgets or Fancy Widget to stay with the stock UI look.

I hope that HTC release something by time I upgrade again because their products works best for me.

dudeman007

I hope they release a One S type phone as well but the reality is the HTC Rezound is essentially a One Series but without the name. I dont forsee them producing a one model for vzw. But thats ok, im going to keep my thunderbolt i love it, it is a great device.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the rezound is close....but the one series will have sense 4.0 and beats by dre will be integrated throughout the system (instead of only being on the stock music player). the one series will also be slimmer and lighter. not really huge differences, but enough for me to want a one series device instead of the rezound. but like you, i'll simply be keeping my tbolt. a year old now and it's flawless, and still stands up to most of the devices out there. i've got 150+ apps on this thing and it still zips along with a single core processor!!! i did struggle with battery life, but i threw a rezound battery in it and now i'm good. i just haven't seen anything that REALLY makes me want to fork out the cash for it. i almost snagged the rezound over the holidays, but it just wasn't much more than the tbolt. since i've been so happy with the tbolt, i figure i'll wait for something totally new (maybe quad core, MUCH lighter with REAL battery life, etc, etc). my only complaint is the lack of hdmi. i really wish i could stream from my tbolt via hdmi. it has nfc capability, but as far as i can tell, i could only stream files that are on my phone. i want to stream anything. for example, i have mlb.tv and can watch every game via the mlb app on my phone. it would be REAL cool if i could just stream that to any tv wherever i was. i never did understand why it didn't have the hdmi, particularly since the EVO did.

0 Likes
dudeman007

i agree with the fact that rezound really isnt all that different than the tbolt. i love my phone and i almost purchased the rezound as well, but as i stated i buy them retail to avoid being contract bound and i didnt see paying all that money for something with a claimed to be better screen (which i honestly like the tbolts screen better, the rezound looks a bit pixelated), as for the extra core, i dont see the performance....i just dont, side by side at the vzw retail store the thunderbolt was faster bar none. i think the rezound is a poorly designed device, its based on the amaze 4g from tmobile and the sensation 4g and then the one series kinda all meshed together. its not a solid device and HTC even confirmed there is more " known issues and flaws" with the resound than the tbolt. and for being verizons first 4gLTE device, the tbolt was not short of amazing. the tbolt has dlna capabilities, so i dont see the loss with no hdmi. but to each his own. i am also waiting to see if there is a one series that comes to vzw, and then i would trade my thunderbolt for it. but i cant wait to see how it performs with the ICS updare. that is really going to be the tell all of the capabilities of the device. If the tbolt runs well with the OS ICS, ill probably wait until the next update to android is released becasuse i can live with the sense 3.6 that is rumored to be packaged with the ICS update. I mean sense 4.0 seems very intuittive and user friendly, but i dont see it justifying the price of buying a new phone just for the newer sense id my phone runs ICS with ease, and i think it will. if all goes well and the ICS runs smoothly, ill wait for the next update that comes to the OS and if its not avail for the tbolt without a custom ROM and rbeing rooted, then ill buy a new phone, hopefully a one series. i hope ICS isnt the last update for the tbolt tho, people think that the age or release date has anything to do with whether a phone gets which updates, and i assure you it plays a very small role. The hardware is what counts, and the tbolts flawless design and very stable hardware make it a great candidate for the ICS update, and hopefully beyond.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the problem with dlna is that, as far as i can tell, i can only stream content that is actually stored on the device. unless i am missing something, there isn't a way for me to run a live baseball game on my tbolt and then stream it to my tv via dlna. if it had hdmi, then i could just plug it in.....but as far as i can tell, all i can really share from my phone to my tv via dlna are pictures or video files that are on my phone. i'd like to open my mlb app, start a live game, and then watch it on a tv......and i don't think that can be done?

0 Likes
sfinny
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been my experience, including a phone made by htc, that when you first buy the new device, you love it. As time wears on and you start realizing that these little glitches that you find in the beginning are becoming more prevalent and can't be blamed on novice user error, that's when frustration sets in.  All phones have their issues, its just a matter of finding which issues you are willing to deal with and ones that you aren't and find a device to suit you're exact needs.

lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I've not talked to any Verizon employee that was a knucklehead but I generally don't think of people in those terms any way. I have enjoyed having my thunderbolt and have enjoyed my Verizon service with it. You often times think the grass is greener elsewhere however, this is most often not the case.

0 Likes