i have 3 days to exchange Samsung Droid Charge for this
timnyc

Just to not have a no-service-on-3g issue

this phone has a lot of issues. What remains to be solved besides battery life issue?* 

[I usually do not get 1st gen. equipment but i wanted the data plan SO shallI kep Charge and "Hope they can fix the issue with Samsung" as VZW tach promised or maybe it is impossible with the Samsung's radio for 3g or whatever i have been reading.]

This is a stinky hard decision as the lg, htc and samsung ar really all 2st gen. 4G phones

therefore, *i might be going from 'the frying pan into the fryer' by switching to the HTC from the amazing CHarge.

OK SOS thanks community seeking solution to getting fluid data where we are paying for it but wasting time on built in hardware issues that prevent data usage as i incurs downtime

0 Likes
Re: i have 3 days to exchange Samsung Droid Charge for this
Cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

why are you posting in the Thunderbolt forums? If you mean "should I get a Tbolt to replace my Charge"... I would say yes from all respects except make sure the Tbolt you get has the LATEST update.  Go to the store and make them prove it's got MR2 (baseband 1.70....) on it. 

Battery life is based on a 4g radio draw - you will have ability to turn off 4g radio to conserve some battery, but they are still pretty battery choking compared to much lesser devices.

0 Likes
timnyc

Of course I am in "this forum" because I might exchange for Thunderbolt

So calm your Minister of Information stress

Thanks for the specfic thing to ask for but I will also need to discover how to upgrade it too

so thanks for that specific answer and the general one of you like the Thunderbolt in 'every way' -- is that just since that latest update that solved yours and others' Thunderbolt issues?

whatever I will figure it out threadmaster haha

0 Likes
Re: I have 3 days to exchange Samsung Droid Charge for this
DroidM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never had the Charge So I Don't' Know if Swapping to The T-Bolt Will solve your Problems

If You are in the 4G Fringe this may be what's causing your problems VZW Recently as of today expanded there 4G footprint if you live near a 4G area and where having "bouncing" problems with 3G and 4G this might have solved your problem I know for me it did as I woke up to find a nice strong 4G signal on my T-bolt and so far have been enjoying a disruption free day of 4G.

As for the Phone I love my T-bolt it runs smoothly for me and when we finally got the Update a few weeks ago that fixed the rebooting issue (which I was only mildly effected buy) it was like a brand new phone for me. A few people have reported some problems with there phones after this update you might want to search threw out this forum too see specifically what they where. For me the Phone runs great my only real complaint is no GB which hopefully will be resolved soon and the battery life which can be resolved one of two ways.

1) get the official HTC extended battery

PRO) It's a beast of a battery and should give you more then enuf juice for the day

CON) Again it's a beat of a battery and extends the back side of the phone out which renders using a Car Dock or Desk Top Dock useless also most covers will not work with it

2) the other option hear is go to Amazon.com and look up extended battery for the T-Bolt I found a 2-pack of 1800oem Battery that where originally for the 4G My touch that also work with he T-bolt. These battery are not as big as the official battery by HTC so they will not prevent you from using a car dock or desk top dock. They are also not the powerhouse that the Official Extended battery is so although you will see better battery life you still have to take certain precautions so as not to drain your battery in a day. With mine I have found I get a good full days out of it (Work day) and get to my car charger with about 50 to 40 percent of the battery left. This is moderate use of the phone as I am at work. If Im home I do see the battery drain a bit quicker but this is from more heavy use. The nice thing about the set I got was it was a 2 pack and I allows me to carey a spare just in case I need it. I have yet to have to use it thou. I also found that if I let one of the battery's completely drain out and then replace it with the other every month the battery seems to do better for me. Don't' know why this is but it works for me.

Good Luck with what ever you decided to do if you do get the T-Bolt check in with These forums once in awhile I have found them to be a good source for answers and info.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I got my Thunderbolt on Saturday and I havent seen any issues with my device and I am even surprised because 4G isnt up and going in my are but at my job I hold 4G strong so this means it should be coming shortly...   Now as for the charge, I perfer the TB over the charge, basically the only thing I like about the Charge is the screen but I can live without it and decided on the TB, I would say go for it because the Charge just seem do poorly built in my opinion..

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

timnyc wrote:

Of course I am in "this forum" because I might exchange for Thunderbolt

So calm your Minister of Information stress

Thanks for the specfic thing to ask for but I will also need to discover how to upgrade it too

so thanks for that specific answer and the general one of you like the Thunderbolt in 'every way' -- is that just since that latest update that solved yours and others' Thunderbolt issues?

whatever I will figure it out threadmaster haha

Your first post is very unclear. That is why that poster asked what you were talking about. I didn't reply because I didn't even know what you were asking. So... Maybe take a look at what you wrote before you go attacking someone for asking for clarification first.

0 Likes