i lost my htc phone but remember seeing somewhere in the settings, i think, that you can set a sound off on the phone from a computer in order to find the phone. how so i do that from my computer?
marisaq
Enthusiast - Level 1

i lost my htc phone but remember seeing somewhere in the settings, i think, that you can set a sound off on the phone from a computer in order to find the phone. how so i do that from my computer?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i lost my htc phone but remember seeing somewhere in the settings, i think, that you can set a sound off on the phone from a computer in order to find the phone. how so i do that from my computer?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option. Android Device Manager - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: i lost my htc phone but remember seeing somewhere in the settings, i think, that you can set a sound off on the phone from a computer in order to find the phone. how so i do that from my computer?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option. Android Device Manager - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

to try the Android Device Manager try this link

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=androidconsole&passive=3600&continue=https%3A%2F%2F...

If for some reason the link doesn't work for you then google "android device manager" and click on it. You'll log in from there.

once you log in hopefully your phone will appear as one of the available devices. If your phone is listed you can then pick from "Ring", "Lock", or "Erase". For the erase function to work I'm pretty sure you have to have that option enabled in your "Google Settings" app.

Good luck. Hopefully this works.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

The device manager is a great tool and it's a shame that more people aren't aware of it. Reps at the VZW retail stores should be required to make customers aware of this every time a device is sold.

I've had to use it myself once and I always tell my friends and family about it whenever smartphones are mentioned.

carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Did you find your phone? If so, did you use the Android Device Manager?

0 Likes