market place icon gone
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Went look in the market and it asked me about Google i.play, I did not know what is was so I declined it. Now my market icon is gone. How do I get it back. Also Google play is a bad upgrade to the market if this is where we go now.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: market place icon gone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google has rebranded the Android Market to Google Play so it is here to stay.

Is the market app icon or the Play Store icon in your application drawer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google has rebranded the Android Market to Google Play so it is here to stay.

Is the market app icon or the Play Store icon in your application drawer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, looked everywhere for it. Went to Google play and I think the layout is poor, none of the apps I have installed say installed. Then went to download something and they want you to log in.. will have to find a.new place for apps. The wife's iPhone and app store are looking better with every upgrade. Can't wait until we don't get ics.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have always needed to log in with your Google/gmail account in order to download applications from the website version of the Android Market (Google Play)

0 Likes
phat6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have never logged in to download an app from the store. All apps I have I just click on and download. Maybe now all the reminders to update Verizon apps and blockbuster will stop.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't need to log in from the phone because you were already logged in. If you went to the the store from a computer browser then you would have needed to sign in with your gmail account to download and see your history of application downloads.

0 Likes
partz4ladz

Thank you so much...I just found my PlayStore Icon.  I thought I deleted something by mistake.  My hubbies phone still has the Market Place on his phone.  Thanks again for the quick reply!!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

phat6 wrote:

I have never logged in to download an app from the store. All apps I have I just click on and download. Maybe now all the reminders to update Verizon apps and blockbuster will stop.

Try clearing your market data and uninstalling the update.  Then open it and then let it go through the update again and it "should" fix the problem.

0 Likes