message indicator on but no message available
DMCRN94

I just got the htc thunderbolt 6 days ago and it seems to be malfunctioning.   It is showing i have a message but when i touch it, it goes to "compose message".    I've tried everything to "reset" it and nothing has helped.   Any ideas anyone?   Would appreciate any input.  THANKS!

0 Likes
Re: message indicator on but no message available
Wildman
Legend

I am assuming you are speaking the notification you are speaking of is the light? What is the color is the light because there is usually different colors for different situation and may not be a message.

Also have you opened messaging area and see if it shows a number to indicate a message, I had a message a number of messages down that I didn't notice that I missed...  Another thing you can try is select menu / all messages and mark as read.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Is it a pop3 email account? If so it may be "displaying " a draft message you inadvertently created (backed out but saved it anyway). If there are displayed options along the bottom of the screen go thru each and see if the message shows on one of the tabs then if you find it you can delete. My pop3 has Inbox, Conversations, Favorites, Unread, Attachments screens to scroll thru and messages show up on multiple screens. Hope this is it for you:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

DMCRN94

I think I figured it out for gmail. You've archived something in the past (inadvertently or on purpose) and that is why they show in the count but not the conversations. I did this once( by accident, cut me some slack I'm old and didn't remember doing that or that it showed in the count:smileysurprised:) . I couldn't figure out how to delete archived conversations from the phone (actually I was lazy and didn't want to search for a way) so I logged into my gmail account from a PC and deleted the archived message. When I opened the gmail account on my phone and refreshed it the phantom message(s) = 0 gone:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the information everyone. I would like to add a link for the user manual to view the different type of message notifications so that you can ensure all of them are checked.

Listed below is a link to view the user manual for the HTC Thunderbolt. On pages 40-41, you will be able to view the Notification Icons.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/thunderbolt-verizon/downloads#309

Additionally, also power cycle the phone for 1-2 minutes to perform a soft reset and ensure you have checked your voice mail also. 

0 Likes