my daughter's thunderbolt
lucass1428
Enthusiast - Level 3

lately, her phone just turns off, in her pocket, while she is texting, whatever.  Battery will be good.  When she turns it on, battery is only at 5%.  She has many different batteries, she claims they all do this, not just one.  I have been reading on the internet about other people having this problem, usually good at wifi or getting a new battery, but thats not the case with her.  Also, other people says the phone charges quickly after this happens, but not her.  So whats wrong.

0 Likes
Re: my daughter's thunderbolt
AZSALUKI
Legend

i would try a factory reset. i would also suggest using only the stock battery that came with it, or ordering a new battery, but the actual htc battery for the thunderbolt. a factory reset will wipe her phone to the state it was in when she bought it so she will need to copy or backup anything that she wants to keep from the phone's internal memory (pics, texts, etc). it does not wipe the sd card unless you tell it too. this is not an uncommon issue with her phone, particularly as it (or the batteries) get older. i had to get a new battery when mine was about a year old, and got the actual htc battery for the thunderbolt and reset the phone and it helped a lot. it would still do it from time to time, but not very often at all.

0 Likes