my opinion....it's a keeper!
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've seen mixed reviews so i thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.

battery: i was ready to return this thing the second day (and save the $35 restock fee)! the first day i was in a strong signal area and was running the 4g radio and i got about 1.5-2 hours of actual use and about 8 hours of standby. i wasn't thrilled, but could live with it and figured i would end up getting the extended battery (which, at the time, they were sold out of). however, on day two i went to a friends with poor coverage. it was literally dead from a full charge in less than 5 hours. i was going to return it but figured i would see what happened when i turn off the 4g radio. the next day i got 3+ hours of actual use and over 15 hours of standby time. i was thrilled with that (stock battery, no task killing nonsense, pull emails automatically every 15 minutes, and a very bright screen setting). so now i'll just keep it on 3g and activate 4g when i want to stream or download something large. i'm using the "LTE on/off" app (thanks pjnc).

new sense ui: great! my favorite android UI is now even better!!!

size: a BEAST! i got the incredible last summer instead of waiting on the moto X because i didn't think i'd like the large size. i was wrong. i'm blown away by the tiny difference in screen size. it is so much easier to touch the correct icon, link, etc when i'm browsing. also easier to type. there are very minor differences that i'm noticing and i really like them so far (email messages scroll in from the side when you advance to the next one. silly little things like that.)

speed: maybe it's just because my Inc was nearly a year old, but the new snapdragon processor appears to dust my Inc's processor. i have my email set to download the full message (text and images) in the body when i open it and it IMMEDIATELY appears with the full blown email (just like on my pc). blazing fast. i have loaded this up with all of the same apps and widgets i had on my inc so i believe it's a fair comparison.

also lovin the silly little kickstand. 

overall, i think htc has done another great job. i still think these need to come with larger batteries (there just HAS TO be a way to get at least an 1800 mah in these, stock). i'm also still a bit disappointed that skype wasn't integrated. and finally, some apps that worked on my inc, do not work (or at least as well or smooth) on this, but i suspect most of the developers are on it.

0 Likes
Re: my opinion....it's a keeper!
budone
Legend
We all know WHY the battery is not larger, it sells extended batteries.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....but i will gripe about forever....lol

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ah, shucks! you are making it harder for me to not give in and get the thunderbolt in less than week! (That my deadline for deciding about the AT&T network)

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

ah, shucks! you are making it harder for me to not give in and get the thunderbolt in less than week! (That my deadline for deciding about the AT&T network)

it's a pretty sweet phone, but is not "that" much different than my Inc. just a bit bigger and better (with the front facing cam i've wanted for a year!)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AZSALUKI wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

it's a pretty sweet phone, butis not "that" much different than my Inc. just a bit bigger and better (with the front facing cam i've wanted for a year!)

And a sweet upgrade from my Droid Eris! processor, ram, screen size.  SO tempting.  Add to the fact that I am seriously considering doing a one year contract before they expire.  It narrowed the choices down to the Tbolt, Droid X, or a D2G.  There is no 4G here, yet. :smileysad:  If I got the Motorola phones, I would have Lauchner Pro loaded so fast it wouldn't be funny.  Since i am running the Aria with full stock Sense, I am realizing HOW much I enjoyed using Sense. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah...i had been using ADW Launcher (with beautiful widgets) and LOVED IT....but there were some things about sense that i forgot i prefered. the 4g thing is a bit disappointing because i'd rather just leave it on 4g all the time. i'm getting 12-14mbps download and 20+mbps upload speeds with it....but it just kills the battery too fast. i may still end up getting an extended battery so i can leave 4g on all of the time, but the phone is a already monster and i'm just not sure i can handle a pregnant monster!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Now if only I can hold out until Wednesday or Thursday. That way if VZ announces any other news, I could add those to the choices. I would be fine with a 3G phone, but the thought of a 4G LTE smartphone, Hmmm.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
Now if only I can hold out until Wednesday or Thursday. That way if VZ announces any other news, I could add those to the choices. I would be fine with a 3G phone, but the thought of a 4G LTE smartphone, Hmmm.

You cant get one before me!!!  Although Omaha will be live this year! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I guess that we could trade. I was thinking to get the Dinc, but it went bye-bye. Hum, no. If I do get the Tbolt, I am keeping it.

0 Likes