need some help with my thunderbolt!!!!!!
jjones2091

i was on it the night before. then at 4 am it goes to the HTC white screen and does nothing else but that. I have tried everything from rebooting to taking out my SD card. I need some help. Is there anyone out there?

0 Likes
Re: need some help with my thunderbolt!!!!!!
Stone1996

The same thing happened to mine last night. I have tried everything and nothing has helped.

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, only mine did it last night - Nov. 6th. Turned itself off, would not turn back on by the power button, plugged the charger into it and the white HTC screen came on for a minute. Turned itself back off, pushed the power button again, and the HTC screen came on. Took it nearly 6 minutes to reboot and even then it was acting pretty strange.  All the while, the NEW EXTENDED BATTERY I just bought was nearly full charge, so it couldn't be that.

We need that ICS update, VZ... or you're gonna lose a WHOLE BUNCH of customers. I do believe that translates into your "bottom line", doesn't it?!  .. ..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Everyone, I'm so upset to hear that your phones aren't powering on. I'm hoping your issues have been resolved by now, but if not, I want to try a few more steps. Since removing the battery and charging aren't working, I suggest first trying to boot your phone into safe mode http://bit.ly/Nt3m5U. If no change, please try these steps. No information will be lost:

1. Boot into recovery
o Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
o When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
2. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
3. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
4. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
5. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
6. Select "Reboot system now"

Let me know if you still need assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sharonnnut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for FINALLY trying to help instead of watching us flail around in this thick stuff!  I did the "wipe cache partition" procedure. That was about 32 hrs ago. So far, no reboots by itself, no pausing between screens, no strange happenings at all. GOOD SIGN. I'm just going to wait awhile longer and see if it goes into the reboot thing again. The day before I did this procedure, the phone rebooted right in middle of a text message, took forever to come back to the ready position, and I almost threw it at the wall.. PLEASE, let this procedure work until my contract is up (May 2013)! I may stay with VZ if -IF- they will start better supporting our phones. Thanks again, MarquiaF... for caring!  

0 Likes
MegaMegs

I have the same problem as the original poster and tried the steps you just mentioned, but after I pressed the reboot button my phone now will not turn on at all. I removed the battery and tried the steps you mentioned again but it will not turn on at all.

0 Likes