nfl mobile (premium) free?
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Since the gb update my thunderbolt "found" a update to the nfl mobile app which I let install. Now when I log in in order to view content (red zone, nfl live) I am prompted to sign to to vcast for $10/month or $3/day. It was my understanding these services were free this season for 4G devices. Did I misunderstand or is this yet another consequence of the latest (gb) update?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: nfl mobile (premium) free?
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
This week when I tried my nfl mobile app it worked and didn't ask me to sign up for vcast. My trouble ticket must have been completed but never relayed to me. Oh well it works now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend
I had that too, but it has kinda corrected itself. I can watch live video, but unable to get scoring updates

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Mine hasn't corrected yet. It keeps asking me to subscribe to vcast. I stumbled into being able to listen (not very intuitive interface). I don't want to call vs to get this resolved cause I'll miss the game I'm interested in (been a Saints fan since they were referred to as the "ain'ts" and never get much local coverage in western NY, Buffalo Bills area) Is there a user guide to this app anywhere?
0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3
Saints win! Smiley Happy Buffalo loses.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Mine works maybe because I don't have gingerbread it does say when I first signed in about a charge but I can do everything without vcast video. On the bionic I didn't get forced into it either.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it's supposed to be free. all it did on mine when i initially opened it (a couple weeks ago) was ask me to sign into my "my verizon" account, and then it opened right up. 

if nothing else, you could run it and just demand that they waive the fee when you get your bill. this was a HUGE bonus in my opinion. google to see if you can find it in text by verizon because i know i read somewhere that it's free all season for 4g devices.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
The VZW stores have been promoting it and they said even if u bought it before the promotion existed ur included. There was no specific timeperiod
0 Likes
FV3riz0n

verizon technical support just told me, no matter if you have 4g lte phone or not.  to be able to watch the nfl videos, you will need to purchase the 10.00 vcast package.  His name is Reese employee number V0M0155.  I was under the impression that the nfl moblie premium was free for 2011 season with 4g phone.  I guess I was wrong,  He stated it was only promotional for a little while.  If anyone has further information, please post here.

thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Point out the official press release from Verizon Wireless.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/09/pr2011-09-02a.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Ann...

While on the phone with CS about a billing question I brought this up. ...The CR agreed that I shouldn't be getting the $10/month or $3/day purchase screen. They couldn't explain why it functioned correctly prior to the GB update on my phone and a subsequent market update to the NFL mobile app. Tried the uninstall/re-install, force close/clear data and multiple restarting of the app itself and still could only get audio for the game.

I also notified them of my stock VM notification not working since GB and found "that is a new to them problem":smileysurprised:and they wanted me to do some troubleshooting with technical support "exasperated sigh"...Good (and bad) thing I have no landlines to accommodate this but being unemployed/looking I need my VM indicator for prospective leads/interviews:smileysad:

0 Likes