power settings shortcut?
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

I was wondering if there was a way to put a power settings shortcut on my home screen so I don't have to go menu>settings>power to enable power efficiency mode.

I noticed if I went to the personalize tab on the bottom left of the home screen and went to "add items to home" and hit the shortcut button then went to settings they have things like sound settings (which I put on my home screen), battery use, accounts & sync, etc.

Anyone know if a way I can do the same with the power settings?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: power settings shortcut?
AZSALUKI
Legend

all the efficienacy mode does is disable things like wifi, gps, etc and lower the brightness. i know this isn't exactly what you want, but you can put widgets on your screen for all of those items. one touch to disable/enable wifi.....one touch to disable/enable gps....one touch to lower screen brightness. or, with elixir, you can create a custom bar with up to 7 widgets/apps on one row of your home screen. i use it and put all of my widgets that i use for that stuff on one row.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You cant do this with the stock setup but you can instal Audio Manager and set profiles to be triggered by a button on desktop or even open the volume controls....

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

I wasn't looking to do anything with the audio settings......just to see if it was possible to download/install or create a shortcut to the power settings to be placed on the home screen

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

pmkoul wrote:

I wasn't looking to do anything with the audio settings......just to see if it was possible to download/install or create a shortcut to the power settings to be placed on the home screen

Sorry posted after long day and read this post but was responding for another post...  My mistake..  As for your question, I do not believe there is a way to create a shortcut that will open the menu directory you want.

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

yeah I figured as much.....maybe they can't think of adding it in the future

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

all the efficienacy mode does is disable things like wifi, gps, etc and lower the brightness. i know this isn't exactly what you want, but you can put widgets on your screen for all of those items. one touch to disable/enable wifi.....one touch to disable/enable gps....one touch to lower screen brightness. or, with elixir, you can create a custom bar with up to 7 widgets/apps on one row of your home screen. i use it and put all of my widgets that i use for that stuff on one row.

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

thanks for the suggestion...im going to try elixir

0 Likes
pmkoul
Contributor - Level 1

yeah the elixir idea will work......power efficieny mode for the thunderbolt just turns off your 4G and your autu sync.....both of those can be added to a elixir toolbar

0 Likes