ringtone and notification sounds change randomly
stevolene
Enthusiast - Level 2

this was posted awhile ago on the thunderbolt site but was never answered, seems it was posted in the thunderbolt forum, the Rezound I have changes to factory verizon ringtone and a different notification sound on its own, is anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix out there? thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: ringtone and notification sounds change randomly
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you are using a downloaded ringtone (hence one that is saved to the SD card or internal memory) and you plug your phone into the computer, or pull the SD card, the phone won't see the ringtone and sometimes will revert to a stock ringtone. I've seen some users say this isn't why it happened for them, but it is a typical case.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have also thought it might be related to the speed class of the SD card. When the phone boots up it has to mount the SD card. If the mounting is slower than when the phone searches for the ringtones, the phone reverts to stock tones.

I was occasionally seeing this on my Tbolt with the class 4 micro SD card that came with the phone. I haven't seen the issue since switching to a class 10 card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stevolene
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe you may be on to something, as this seems to only happen when phone is charged overnight via the usb port on the computer, no issues detected when using the ac charge, thanks for your help

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This makes sense, especially for those that have this issue even when not accessing the SD with a computer.

0 Likes