screen doesn't turn on after call
peoplegetpeople
I had my Tbolt replaced because the screen wouldn't turn off while in a call. Now the replacement STILL does it but THIS TIME the screen times out as if I'm not on the phone and will not turn back on after the call unless I push the lock button. I have scoured the internet for solutions and they all require rooting. Can someone offer something other than rooting or compressed air?!
0 Likes
Re: screen doesn't turn on after call
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried calling your voicemail and then try covering the left corner of ear piece speaker to see if the proximity sensor is working..  If this does not work then you have a bad sensor and you need to contact CS about a possible replacement device.

0 Likes
peoplegetpeople
This is a replacement device, which I got for the same reason. And I've tried every way to Sunday to get it to work including using my hand. I've come to the conclusion that the Tbolt is simply a fluke device that they shoved through to get 4g selling. DAMMIT....
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If your other device had the same issue I would guess that there is a good chance that your issue is app related not device...  The chance of having repeating devices to have the same exact issue is a slim to none unless you just have that luck...  Try going into safe mode and see if you get any diffrent luck... 

Enable Safe Mode

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button.
    Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. When the second HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.
    Press and hold the volume down key
  3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Device in safe mode

Disable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button.
    Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Select Restart.
    Select Power off

0 Likes
peoplegetpeople
Good stuff man. I'm trying safe mode now. My initial thought was app related but after fac data reset its still a problem. Do you know of any apps whose permissions include proximity sensor? Or perhaps something is slowing down the processes enough that it doesn't catch the sensor instruction in time before the screen times out?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

peoplegetpeople wrote:
Good stuff man. I'm trying safe mode now. My initial thought was app related but after fac data reset its still a problem. Do you know of any apps whose permissions include proximity sensor? Or perhaps something is slowing down the processes enough that it doesn't catch the sensor instruction in time before the screen times out?

Theres apps that can do this but none that jumps out, care to share apps that you got installed maybe the app can be isolated from the list...

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you check under your display settings?  What do you have your screen timeout set to?

0 Likes
kzerefos
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, forgot to ask what screen protector and/or case you might be using? 

0 Likes
peoplegetpeople
No screen protector or case. It's totally naked. I don't have a pc right now so I'm posting from my phone which would make it pretty difficult to list all my apps but i'll try to get that later today.
0 Likes