thunderbolt question
norrism

I hope this was posted in the correct area...my aplogies if not.

I have a htc thunderbolt and I made a change to the settings, but not sure what change I made. Is there something like a system restore or a way to undo changes? It looks like it went back to the orginal set-up like I had when I bought the phone.

Also, I find that there is  a green circle with a number 1 in it on my messages, but there are no new messages. Any idea how to remove this?  Trying to fix this was how I changed the background and locations of my icons.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: thunderbolt question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You have posted in the general smartphone section, but no worries after I finish typing this post I will ask that it be moved.

Yes there is a factory reset option. It is under settings > SD & phone storage > factory data reset.

Which message icon was the "new message" count located on? Several of the applications have this option. Options to clear it up could depend on which application it was.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

or if you don't want to completely reset the phone (you'll have to set up email, apps, etc all over again), just tell us what you want back and we'll tell you how to do it.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

norrism wrote:

Also, I find that there is  a green circle with a number 1 in it on my messages, but there are no new messages. Any idea how to remove this?  Trying to fix this was how I changed the background and locations of my icons.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

The message count you're talking about will come on and stay on from time to time. Your options are to leave it and wait for your next message to clear it out or press Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Messaging > Clear data. This will not fix your Tbolt from ever doing it again but will clear off that green circle for now.  

0 Likes