traveling to san juan
dwnboys316

im going to san juan next week and was wondering if it is in network calling and text?i called cs talked to 3 people and got 3 different answers

0 Likes
Re: traveling to san juan
krauser1
Yes. You will have calling and texting, but no data. I was just there a bit ago with my tbolt and that is the service I got. The coverage map reflects this same info.
0 Likes
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

When in doubt and you can't get consistent answers from your reps, check the website.

This is vzw's international page, it has an awesome trip planner even that will eliminate the depend...

Puerto Rico calls are .69 a minute, and text/data don't cost extra.

0 Likes
krauser1
That is incorrect. San Juan is not "international". ive been there twice. Verizon does not charge for calls and text in PR.
0 Likes
Alt77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lemme just copy and paste:

CDMA Standard Roaming Per Minute Rate: $0.69
CDMA Value Plan Roaming Per Minute Rate $0.69

Text Messaging Rates
Domestic Text rates apply

Of course I suppose when the OP can't get a refund from CS you'll refund them for it?

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi dwnboys316,

I apologize for any conflicting information provided by our representatives. I would also like to thank krauser1 and Alt77 for the great feedback on this issue.

I'm glad to confirm that our Nationwide calling plans include your calls/text message and data while in Puerto Rico and while our International Trip Planner Tool indicates a voice roaming rate of $0.69, please note that a disclosure under the Special info! tab of this tool indicates:

• Most of Puerto Rico is included in the Nationwide coverage area. If you roam outside of the Nationwide coverage area, you'll be charged $0.69 per minute. 

The above disclosure basically indicates that as long as you use your phone within our Nationwide coverage your calls will not incur any extra charges and will be billed according to your calling plan as if you were in the United States. I trust this information will clarify your concerns regarding the use of your phone in Puerto Rico.

0 Likes
rayjn

Does that mean any area in red on the coverage map is included in the nationwide coverage area?

And are calls TO Puerto Rico also in the nationwide plan?  when I searched calling to only calling from came up.

0 Likes