So the ThunderBolt has been a nightmare since recd on 03/18, and worse since replaced on 03/21. I know some of the issues have been reported in other threads but there seems to be no resolution that can be performed on the user end, its up to HTC and VZW I suppose.
1) Inconsistent Data Connectivity: Tried resetting the phone, Tried changing System Select to HOME ONLY, turned on CDMA only, deleted any third party apps and still dropping the data connection completely. Instead of dropping from 4g to 3g or 3g to 1x, it drops off all together. Mobile Network is checked and in Phoenix,AZ (per the coverage map I am covered in 4G in my normal spots)
2) Internal Storage: advertised as 8GB, have only 2.49GB. The 32GB external card helps, but I rely on the internal storage since I swap out memory cards often.
3) Browser: Does not open to my home page (although I back out/kill every internet session) and when backing to the home page, the history of web addresses automatically drops down. Enhancement or Bug? Not sure
4) Connectivity to PC: Am no longer prompted to either Charge, Sync, Disk Drive and so forth. I checked "Connect to PC" and changed my default from Charge only to HTC Sync but nothing when plugged in. Also have, 'Ask Me' check marked to be prompted each time I plug it up to the PC but nothing
5) Text messaging: Receiving most messages twice. Thought it was an issue on the other end but it happens all the time, 1 sender is Sprint, another Cricket and all others are Verizon. Can only download picture messaging while on WiFi.
All issues above have happen on both devices (except #4, thats new)
When speaking to Verizon ...they act as if this is news to them, they are not aware of any of these issues. I need advice, I have only one week to return this before being stuck with it, based on any of your history with Verizon do you see these issues being resolved with Software Updates OTA anytime soon or should I just return it now and get my money back.
settings -> wireless & networks -> mobile networks -> system select -> change to home only. my signal was constantly bouncing around. made the change and have been solid ever since.
the above was from another thread. have you tried it?
Honestly, there's only been a couple things documented on the Tbolt (such as the txt msg issue with a whole bunch of numbers showing up instead of your phone number and delayed activations), but other than that, VZW doesn't have much else. It's very strange for those issues to be happening, especially on both phones. What part of the valley are you in? My wife is using a Tbolt and we've had no issues in Chandler/Mesa/Gilbert so far.
2 of the issues seem somewhat network related, but the storage I think is just the way it is (the way it allocates the memory for certain things) so I don't think that's going to change. The browser the way you're describing hasn't been my experience either.
I am in downtown Phoenix (right around Central and Thomas) and the problems occur mostly in residential areas. It has to be network related ...between all VZW systems being down yesterday and now as of this morning, a 4G outage per the last Verizon rep I spoke with, I still have a bit of faith in the phone.
The only thing that is saving it right now it activating CDMA only ...although I have been sitting on 1X all morning.
my incredible has been on 3g all morning (32nd st and indian school) but i did notice yesterday that it was bouncing back and forth to 1X ALL DAY.....so something was up with their network here. i fear it's the radio in these phones. the reason i suspect this is because the handful of people i knew of that went and got 4g usb modems this past winter did not have all these issues. the data doctors got a usb modem when 4g launched and took a laptop all over the valley and they were getting great coverage for the few days that vzn let them use the modem to test and demonstrate the network for their radio show and fb page. they were impressed and they are computer geeks.
Youre probably right ...it being the first device outside of the modems attempting to obtain 4G and no issues before. Not too savvy with the tech setup behind it but saying it is the radio in this device, would the device be recalled or could vzw possibly resolved it on their side?