Re: ugh ....double ugh!
AZSALUKI
Legend

that is a bummer. i'm still following all these issues because i'm in phoenix too and have been waiting a year for a droid with a front facing cam on verizon!!!! however, i would be relying on 4g to use it and now that skype isn't part of it, i don't even know if there's an app that can video call a pc???? i could still use it on 3g and just video call while on wifi, IF i could even verify such an app exists. i know of someo that do mobile to mobile video....but haven't confirmed one that calls a pc.

0 Likes
ykim

I live in Mesa, AZ with should be very good reception.

I bought HTC TB week ago and showing 3-4 bars on -75dBm signal strength (which is good in accordance with Tech Support)  , but lost numerous phone call. Same location and same spot in the house with the change of the direction, signal changes 0 to full or full to Zero constantly. So tech support told me get a different phone. but No luck!.

Sencond HTC Thunderbolt does do the same thing.

Does anybody have idea how to fix the problem, sound like tech support does not know what they are selling.

Otherwise I will return this JUNK HTC phone.

Thanks

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i would consider returning it. from what i have seen so far, it's a great phone for those with NO LTE coverage....but everyone i've seen in an LTE network is experiencing this. my friend's wife is in chicago and she dropped all 6 calls she tried to make last night!!!! and i feel awful because i talked them into this phone....lol. they are going to try setting it to CDMA only and see if that helps, otherwise it's going back to vzn.

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

Man it sucks you guys are having this problem.  My wife's thunderbolt seems to have been working ok.  She takes the iPad to work with her mostly and gets on it here and there during the day and she hasn't reported any toggling/disconnects yet.  I also sold my buddy on the Tbolt too and while he was a bit disappointed with battery life, I haven't heard him mention the 4G issues.  We are both usually in the Chandler/Tempe/Gilbert area.  I'll ask my buddy some more to see if he's been having any problems and report back.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

please do as you are the only phoenix area person i've seen with ANY success!!!! i normally don't worry about it this much....but i used my wife's upgrade last year for my incredible and will use my last New Every 2 upgrade for this one, so i'll have whatever i get next for 2 years and i want to be sure it's good. thanks!!

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah just confirmed no data issues and he's usually around the ASU area.  Just horrible battery life lol.  Hopefully things start to get better.  Not too sure what would be causing it on 2 dif phones.  Maybe call in and have them file a trouble ticket.

0 Likes
jgorton123

I'm getting the dual text messages too...........and found out someone else (on verizon) is receiving mine times 3!!!

0 Likes
jgorton123

yahoo messenger has video calling plug in.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

that is a bummer. i'm still following all these issues because i'm in phoenix too and have been waiting a year for a droid with a front facing cam on verizon!!!! however, i would be relying on 4g to use it and now that skype isn't part of it, i don't even know if there's an app that can video call a pc???? i could still use it on 3g and just video call while on wifi, IF i could even verify such an app exists. i know of someo that do mobile to mobile video....but haven't confirmed one that calls a pc.

Sorry that I am a little late to the game on this.  I'm confused on the problem with Skype.  Are you saying that it is not included on the phone or that it will not work on 4G?  If not included on the phone, couldn't you download it from the Market?  I have Skype on my Nexus S, but haven't been able to use it yet, as it has to be used on wi-fi.  If the wi-fi only is the problem, then I apologize for misunderstanding.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The Skype version in the market doesn't do video.  I played around with yahoo w/ video call plugin (both downloadable in the market) yesterday and it seems to be about the only thing that currently does phone-pc video calls.  It works fine over wifi but most are reporting that the app force closes over 4G

0 Likes