Re: update: .8:00pm tonight
pgb2998
Are they sending in phases or something? I have been manually checking for updates for an hour, no dice.
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
wait until tomorrow and see how many are happy or seeking answers.
0 Likes
jboogie1289
Enthusiast - Level 1

Saw this update info on Droid Life and at 8:00pm (central time) I began the download. Was fairly quick even though I was only on 3G. Went through with out a hiccup. Noticed the "3G" icon was much larger but that's about it. Didn't see a NY Times bookmark at all but I can live without it. I just hope and pray that this eliminates, and not just reduce, the random reboots. And I also saw that the Inc2 is now officially getting Gingerbread so I hope that means that the TBolt isn't too far behind, especially since we're past the 2Q.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Everything updated without a hitch.  Also noticed that the 3G icon is larger.  My text messages seem to load/process quicker.  Will keep my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
JimH4662
Enthusiast - Level 2
Since 8:05pm working flawless. No warm boots. Increased speed on software response. Does not seem to have the lag in opening and closing of apps. Added some more **bleep** ware. Did not alter existing software. Got a pretty money maker Hot spot button in the apps. After all verzon dont want you having trouble finding your way to the Hot Spots?
0 Likes
Bunbun

Confirmed by 2 technicians.

Why would Verizon need to release an update for problems that don't exist? I called tech support two days ago about the reboots, data connection drops, and GPS issue and was told by the "technician" that they have no idea what I was talking about and that no one else is reporting those problems.

I'm sure they have been specifically told to deny all knowledge of anything.

0 Likes
Lt-Belspur
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's Saturday morning @9:30. No update on any of my 3 phones. Powered them off, tried manual update. Still a no go.

I will stop by a Verizon store to see whats up.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2

jboogie did u see the new hotspot icon or my verizon vcast video or anything else. i noticed them as weel as what u mention. i didnt see the new york times bookmark where would that be? hate haveing to login to if i choose my verizon app or nfl mobile once after i power the phone on. what is the reason for that seccurity reasons. it doesent do it on 3g androids.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Hmmmmm, I am not asked to log into NFL. But VZW Apps I get an error.

0 Likes
TBoltOwner
Contributor - Level 1

Boot-up time still seems long, but it doesn't appear to suck up as much of the battery life as it did before.  From full charge the battery only dropped to 98% - used to drop to at least 95% or lower before.  GPS still takes a while to lock in.

0 Likes